Selftrade

Review of "Selftrade"

published 14/05/2011 | ciaonette
Member since : 14/05/2011
Pro Investment range
Cons Appaling and rude customer services, poor slow messy website, Unexisting Investment Tracking
Service accessibility
Competitiveness of charges
Coverage of national/international markets
Staff courtesy/helpfulness
Quality of advice

"Appalling customer service,messy slow website,no investm tracking"

I've been using Selftrade for over 5 years now. One of their worst points is the website. It's got a shabby look-and-feel, it's very difficult to find what you are after and unless you are on a fast connection (forget 3G here) it hangs and feels very slow.

Like most online brokers they make a fortune of your uninvested cash. Therefore, their motivation to offer you convenient and cost-effective options for your uninvested monies is very low.

Another really annoying feature is the appaling investment tracking, it's impossible to track your historic (or even current) performance. The most they offer is a file download in text format with just your current position or historic transactions.

Forget about any meaningful reporting, graph or tracking of your investments.

I wouldn't that say they are a total rip-off, but close to. They manage to do it in a more subtle way. They are experienced silent fraudsters.

I'm already slowly winding up my positions with them. Avoid if you can.

• ciaonette published 15/05/2011
    @Kirsty1: Yes, I do have the impression they were better when I opened my account years ago. I remember I even recommended them to my friends at the time. With hindsight it was a mistake.
  • ciaonette published 15/05/2011
    @MoonMeeko: It's an online shares trading broker. Don't think they do spread-betting as far as I'm concerned.
  • MoonMeeko published 14/05/2011
    Im assuming this is a share trading website or spread betting firm? Need a bit more basic info as I'm not to sure what this website does or what costs are involved!!!

Product Information : Selftrade