Sennheiser HD 201

Sennheiser HD 201

Review of "Sennheiser HD 201"

published 16/04/2012 | MrNomz
Member since : 27/02/2012
Hey, I write reviews on stuff I've used and generally just share my opinions and problems with the items but I do have a habit of trailing off!
Pro Strong, Great Sound, looks awesome and Great quality for the price
Cons Long annoying wires and Not outside sound proof.
Sound Quality
Looks & Design

"Strong and Loud!"

Let's start off with the bad points...

The 3m cable that comes with the Headphones is beyond the most annoying thing to me, especially when it becomes spaghetti junction in your pocket.. no matter what when I want to extend it so I can listen to the TV from the other side of the room I always have to sort out and untangle the wire which usually takes me about 5 minutes of frustration and swear words.

When I normally go out into town, I wear these main problem with them is the fact that it doesn't block out unwanted noise from the cars passing by unless you turn your music up to max, which does hurt a bit unless you set your equalisation to bass and mid through your electronic device.

Onto the good bits :3

When I say strong it is actually quite durable seeming the fact it survived being squished by my 10kg amplifier.. the most damage that came off was a chip in the plastic which really is quite astonishing (I did this by accident not on purpose of course ;) )

The sound to me is a lot better than some of the cheap headphones you get from places and is very good quality, I mentioned it hurts when it's loud purely because my ears are sensitive to trebly sounds so I normally have my settings to bass and mids on my old Walkman MP3.

The headphones to me look very nice and stylish (for headphones) which means it's not embarrassing to walk outside with them on.

in my opinion the headphones are great quality for the price which is actually not much at all, just under 20 pounds, I'd probably compare these to higher priced headphones.

I've had them since September last year and the only things that have happened to it is: the chip on the plastic which I've repaired with some super glue and only a few minor scratches that aren't really that easy to see.

• Nar2 published 01/05/2012
    Nice review!

Product Information : Sennheiser HD 201

The HD 201 Gaming is a pair of closed, dynamic stereo headphones for the budget-conscious gamer, featuring powerful sound reproduction, good attenuation of ambient noise and outstanding comfort.

MPN: HD201, 502422, 500155

EAN: 4044156000787, 5055357077842, 5027141593524, 0851025020746, 0615104096608, 4044156028057, 0615104100886, 0615104141292, 0100177366999, 0984064819245, 8902329634893, 9154400114827, 5051964115595, 0615140100888, 5053750952902, 0705235938424, 5060319630713

Manufacturer: Sennheiser

Service & Support Details: Limited warranty - 2 years

Miscellaneous

Cables Included: Headphones cable - 3 m

Connections

Connector Type: Headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )

Headphones