Review of "Sensodyne Rapid Relief"

published 11/02/2011 | Ryanellaxx
Member since : 20/03/2010
Been on holiday but back now to write & rate! We need more than 8 Es a day! - Love family friends good food and wine! x
Pro Works quickly; clinically proven; dentist recommended.
Cons Expense.
How do you like the taste?
Whitening effect

"For even better, faster relief of sensitive teeth and gums - use"

I usually use Sensodyne products to keep my sensitive gums in check as unfortunately I have, over the last few years, seen my gums receding to the point of exposing the dentine underneath and fellow sufferers will know how painful this can be when eating or drinking certain beverages or foods, brushing or even at times breathing in cool air! This clinically proven, dentist recommended toothpaste is designed to help.

I have found sensodyne has helped with this issue but following some recent dental work, to fill in an area above my two top front teeth to cover the dentine, the pain has gotten worse and on seeing this new product I decided to give it a go.

Gum recession can be caused by consuming too much fizzy, sweet or acidic foods and drinks. I used to have hot water with a slice of lemon in in the morning to aid a healthy digestive system but my dentist told me to stop doing this as the lemon was probably contributing to the problem. You can't do right for doing wrong at times can you? It can also be caused by over zealous brushing - something I think I was also guilty off so get a softer toothbrush or be more gentle to avoid this happening to you.

How does it work?

Basically, this product creates a mineral-like seal over the surface of the dentine and blocks the microscopic channels that lead to the nerve endings, thus alleviating the pain.

Does it work?

YES! With my usual sensodyne product no longer giving me the relief I was used to I hoped that this would work for me and from the first brush I would say my pain was alleviated by at least 80% and on the second and third use, I was practically experiencing a pain free brushing experience so I can highly recommend this product. This product also gives long lasting protection so in between brushing you will experience less pain when eating or drinking particuarly cold or hot foods.

The toothpaste is mint variety and leaves your breath smelling nice and fresh but I also noticed that the surface of my teeth felt and looked really clean and smooth so for me this was an added bonus.

The 75ml toothpaste comes in a cardboard, recyclable box and costs £3.00 so it isn't a cheap option for toothpaste but because this for a specific problem that does need remedying it's worth the cost. Also, you do only need to use a small pea sized amount so in this respect the toothpaste should last longer. I have seen online that you can also purchase a 100ml pump variety for just 5p more although I did not see this in Tesco when I purchased my 75ml tube otherwise I would have bought that for the better value! I have taken one star off purely because of the cost.

The tube/package also suggests that if the pain is very severe you can place a small amount on your finger tip and massage it into the affected area for 1 minute. I have thankfully not had to do this as yet so can't comment on its effectiveness. I have found that merely brushing with the toothpaste works well enough.

So, if like me, you suffer from sensitive teeth and gums and at times find it worse than usual, I can highly recommend this product to you.

Thanks for reading. x