Setlers Tums Assorted Fruit Antacid

Setlers Tums Assorted Fruit Antacid

Digestive Care - Stomach Settlers/Hangover Cures - Tablets

Review of "Setlers Tums Assorted Fruit Antacid"

published 20/08/2010 | Jackie1966
Member since : 17/08/2010
Pro Can take whilst pregnant, lovely flavours, not chalky
Cons none
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Yummy for my Tummy !"

When I was expecting my son, once I hit about 6 months, I started to experience the most horrendous heartburn.

Never having suffered from it before, once the "my insides are falling out, and I'm going to die!" panic had worn off, I headed off down to my local chemist.

Wow - how many of these products are there to choose from ! Believe me, there are loads, and I started with the obvious ones...

Best I can say is yuck... I felt like I was either drinking paint or eating my toothpaste... they were all so chalky and disgusting with a foul aftertaste... Frankly, I got to the point where I preferred the heartburn !

Then I found these fruit flavoured tums ! Bliss...

The flavours were lovely, reminiscent of a subtle version of Starburst sweets. As with all of these things, you're supposed to leave them to dissolve, not chew them. No problem there, they didn't make me feel like gagging like a lot of others did.

Did they work - yes, no doubt about it ! ... and when the heartburn returned ( as it does when you have a small one wedging their toes into your stomach!), then it was a pleasure to pop a couple more in and wait for it to subside.

Frankly, the last couple of months of my pregnancy were saved from being affected by heartburn by these wonderful little tablets.... you have enough to deal with when you are doing the "duck-like waddle", so anything you can take that is safe for the little one, that provides you relief is like a tub of golddust in your handbag !