Shakespeare Gold Odessa Match Rod.

Shakespeare Gold Odessa Match Rod.

Fishing Rods

Review of "Shakespeare Gold Odessa Match Rod."

published 02/03/2001 | casterman
Member since : 23/02/2001
Pro Good balance, light and fast.
Cons None that I can see.

"Super Quality...Cheap Price."

I have been a very keen angler for the past 25 years, and I now run a local Fishing Club. The club water is only a few hundred yards from where I live, so this allows me plenty of time to try out my tackle and test it to the limits.

So here I go with my opinion on the Shakespeare Gold Odessa Match Rod.

I purchased this rod for around £50 from my local tackle shop, in June 2000 as a gift for my wife's Birthday, but I found it to be so good that it found it's way into my rod bag and not hers. If and when she reads this I will probably be in deep trouble yet again.

Well the rod is 13 foot long with 15 single leg lined rings and screw reel fittings, with a half cork and hyperlon handle. Balance has to be felt to be believed, its has a very fast action with a soft tip that picks up line like a dream, yet is soft enough to stop you smashing off at distance.

I have used this rod for fishing with small floats under the rod tip to large 2 swan wagglers casting up to 40 yards and fishing in 12 feet of water.

I have a shimano ultgera rod which was very expensive but when it comes to fishing the waggler on a still water then Odessa is the one I reach for every time. I have landed carp to 10lb on 1.7lb line without any trouble and this rod has more than paid for its self in fishing matches, catching bags of silver fish both under the rod tip to fishing at 30 yards.

If you can get hold of one of these rods now, do so as it will be one of the best purchases you are likely to make.

This review was read 2047 times and was rated at

• redrose published 03/03/2001
    what a brill opinion to say im not a fishing fanatic but it does help people who are. Hope your wife does read it you will be in trouble i bet you good op hope to read some more about fishing
  • BJEEE published 02/03/2001
    Up to you I suppose, but my God, if I had an Ultegra I just wouldn't want to use anything else. As Jon says, its good to see some more people writing in the fishing section. Keep it up, good op. Ben :)
  • xanadu published 02/03/2001
    Great opinion Andy..sorry to see that your first opinion as not been listed yet. I will look out for it. - Thanks Donna.