Shaws Egg Biscuits for Birds

Shaws Egg Biscuits for Birds

Review of "Shaws Egg Biscuits for Birds"

published 11/07/2010 | emuholly26
Member since : 16/05/2010
Pro Look and smell nice, good value
Cons Too large for smaller animals, sweet
Food according to Life Stage
Variety of flavours
Tooth kind?
Nutritional Value

"Shaws Egg Biscuits for Rats"

I give these egg biscuits to my rats as well as birds and they all love them. Strangely, hamsters don't seem to like them,

There are 5 biscuits in a pack, each in a separate paper tray (also good for eating) and as they last quite a long time, they are very good value. The packet claims they are nourishing but the biscuits are quite large and I think they have quite a lot of sugar in them although at least they are still healthier than feeding your pet human biscuits.

I would describe them more like cakes than biscuits. Unlike some treats, they look and smell nice and sweet. You can also buy a variety with wild berries which come in an identical yellow box. I think they look and smell exactly the same as the normal ones and are just as popular.

Instead of following the instructions and either leaving the biscuits on the cage floor (where my parrot uses as a toilet) or crushing them and mixing it with the normal food (the biscuits get eaten but not the food), I give little pieces as treats now and again. They are relatively easy to split up to feed to separate animals which is useful as they are so big.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 02/10/2016
    I am now imagining a hamster trying to get one in its pouch!
  • gad1 published 11/07/2010
    Sorry but this is just not a review!