SheWee Portable Urinating Device

SheWee Portable Urinating Device

Health Appliances

Review of "SheWee Portable Urinating Device"

published 22/10/2007 | FRIENDLYFRANK
Member since : 20/10/2007
Pro Discreet, inexpensive, it works
Cons None

"She Wees in Peace"

Before I begin to write this review, I would like to point out that my dearest wife has given me her full permission divulge what some may consider to be, very private observations regarding her personal experiences of this product. I personally feel in a position to be able to offer my own observations of this product, as I have been privy to my wife's experiences also. Let me begin …

Nora and I often like to undertake fairly lengthy walks in the Lake District and occasionally Nora has been 'caught short' whilst we have been in the middle of one of our lengthier excursions. More often than not, she has complained that 'it's easy for you, you're a man' and she has flatly refused to relieve herself in a ditch/behind a bush etc., for fear of being 'spotted' by a fellow walker. This has often resulted in our having to retire earlier than we would have liked and we have both found this rather frustrating.

I mentioned this to my son in law one day and was rather surprised (and pleased) when he told us about the SheWee. To be honest, we though he was having a joke at Nora's expense when he first told us, but my daughter confirmed that this product does actually exist. At that time, I did not have access to he Internet, and my son in law advised that this is where he had originally first seen this product. Once he had explained how it worked and told us how much it cost (only £5.50) Nora and I decided that it would be a good idea to maybe try it out and see if it worked.

Delivery was very quick (within two days, to be exact) and I believe it was from a company called shewee.com. Nora was a little bemused, and I must say I viewed it with a little trepidation myself when I first set eyes on this strangely shaped contraption. The instructions advise the first time user to try it first whilst using the shower. Unfortunately, we do not have a shower in our house, only a bath, and as Nora has mobility problems, she did not feel entirely happy or confident about standing in the bath whilst trying to use the oddly-shaped little funnel, for fear of falling.

The following weekend we were booked to go on a trip to Keswick with a large group of friends and Nora and I decided we would take it with us to try it out en-route, so to speak. Somewhat predictably, after about an hour and half's walking (and despite 'going' before we had left our destination) Nora felt the need to empty her bladder. Our friends were a fairly long way ahead, and as we could see no-one around, we felt confident that now would be an appropriate time to try out the Shewee.

We had taken the instructions with us and I looked around as Nora set to work in placing the funnel in its correct position. The amazing thing about this contraption is that it is so very discreet. A lady is able to stand up and urinate in the same way as a gentleman, but without the knowledge of one's friends or indeed anyone else, being aware. The funnel is manufactured in such a way as to be placed very discreetly inside one's pants/trousers and is placed very close to the body. The end of the funnel is pointed away from the body and is excreted onto the ground (or down a toilet seat) and causes no leakage/staining onto the body.

It is entirely possible for a lady to be able to stand absolutely erect, urinate into the funnel and expel the contents of the bladder without being 'seen'. Afterwards, the funnel is removed from the body, shaken to remove any drops and placed inside a plastic bag until it is possible to be able to clean for the next use. Keeping it clean is very easy and Nora washes it in mild, soapy water and allows it to drip dry.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has a weak bladder, or maybe for those of you who dislike using public lavatories. It has been a Godsend for my wife and has allowed us to have the freedom to enjoy our walks without the constant worry of where to urinate.

• quibble published 12/01/2008
    not written from OWN personal op
  • tayloa22 published 09/12/2007
    good review, oddly interesting
  • The-ex-Raven published 08/12/2007
    What a bizarre yet useful thing !! though have heard of similar things don't know anyone who's treid one. I have no shame - behind a bush will do fine so long as no-one is about..happens all the time at biker rallies...lol. Manda.x