She Wolf - Shakira

She Wolf - Shakira

1 CD(s) - Latin - Label: Epic - Distributor: Sony Music/Arvato Services, Sony Music/Sony DADC - Released: 12/10/2009 - 886975914128

Review of "She Wolf - Shakira"

published 18/01/2010 | xdonzx
Member since : 25/05/2007
Pro Songs , Different
Cons None!
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"* She's A Wolf! *"

I've liked Shakira ever since she released her famous single 'Whenever , Wherever' back in 2001 , when I was just ten years old. Ever since then I have loved all of her songs , including 'Hips Don't Lie' and her duet with Beyonce on 'Beautiful Liar'. So when I heard that she was releasing a new album , I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy.

For those of you who don't know , Shakira is a Columbian solo artist who has been in the music world since 1990 although she has only been in the English charts since around 2001. To date She has sold over fifty million albums world wide!!

She Wolf is the latest album (third English album) from Shakira , released in the United Kingdom on October 12th 2009. The album comes under the pop , latin pop , world and electro pop genres. The album has ten tracks on it. This CD is available to buy from Amazon for a price of £5.98

* Track Listing *
5. Good Stuff
6.Men In This Town
7.Gypsy
8. Mon Amour
9.Spy (featuring Wyclef Jean)
10. Lo Hecho Está Hecho

I love this album as it's so different to what is out there in the charts at the moment. Shakira has her own style and isn't afraid to be different which I like. I also like how her songs always have a 'latin feel' to them.
There are some great tracks on this album , my favourite being of course the lead single , 'She Wolf' and 'Gypsy'. I love how her songs just make you wanna get up and dance around the room. I also like how she's got the Spanish version of 'She Wolf' as track number 10. I find it interesting listening to songs that you already know but in a different language.

If you loved 'She Wolf' and are looking for something different , then you'll love this!Definetely her best album yet!

Thanks for reading!
January 18th 2010
xdonzx (also posted on dooyoo under xd-o-n-z-x)

• paulpry118 published 23/01/2010
    I think I have heard of her but I can't think of any of her music
  • Essexgirl2006 published 20/01/2010
    Wasn't much impressed with the title track - all that howling!
  • RICHADA published 19/01/2010
    As you say, Shakira very much does have a style of her own, good to read about it in your review here. Richard.