She Wolf - Shakira

She Wolf - Shakira

1 CD(s) - Latin - Label: Epic - Distributor: Sony Music/Arvato Services, Sony Music/Sony DADC - Released: 12/10/2009 - 886975914128

Review of "She Wolf - Shakira"

published 30/01/2012 | lorrainek90
Member since : 17/04/2009
Decided after a well deserved break, to come back to writing for a while! Great to catch up with everyone!
Pro lots of great tracks
Cons the spanish tracks take a little time to get used to
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Lyrics

"She Wolf- Shakira"

She Wolf is Columbian pop star Shakira’s 6th studio album, it was released in 2009 and was quite successful. Shakira is well known for having a really sexy public image and I love her music. This album is a little different to her previous album as it has some dance elements to it, but it still keeps Shakira’s sexy latin style and the songs are mostly have a pop vibe.

There are a total of 12 different songs on this album 9 of which are English and 3 are Spanish. Here is the track listing for She Wolf:

1. She Wolf

2. Did It Again

3. Long Time
4. Why Wait
5. Good Stuff
6. Men In This Town
7. Gypsy
8. Spy (featuring Wyclef Jean)

9. Mon Amour
10. Lo Hecho Está Hecho (Did It Again- Spanish version)
11. Años Luz (Why Wait- Spanish version)
12. Loba (She Wolf- Spanish version)

Favourite Tracks

She Wolf

This is a quite sexual song about letting loose and behaving badly every now and again, letting your ‘inner she wolf’ out, it is a really confident and fast paced song and has a real dance feeling to it. This is my favourite song on the album because it has a really fun vibe to it and is really catchy to sing along to.

Good Stuff

This is another really sexual song that has a cool dance feeling to it, however this one is slower and has more tension within. This song is about knowing you are a great lover and not being afraid to admit it to your partner, it is quite seductive and lives up to Shakira’s sexy public image.

Mon Amour

This is an amazing song, that although the title is in Spanish, is sung in English, it is about getting your heart broken when your partner leaves you for someone else, but loving them so much that you decide to wait on them to come to their senses and come back. This song has quite a comical feeling to it as Shakira sings about her ex and his new lover having a terrible holiday and him crawling back to her. This song is quite emotional but it has quite a rock feeling to it and it is actually quite faced paced.

The Rest of the Album

I really enjoyed this album, I will admit I didn’t really like the Spanish version songs when I first bought it, but I think that overtime they have grew on me and I find myself attempting to sing along to them now. I still prefer the English versions of the songs, but I enjoy listening to all the songs on this album. There is a really sexy feel to this album and Shakira’s voice is amazing.

Price and Availability

I bought She Wolf just after it came out for around £15 in HMV, however it has dropped in price a little to £8.99. I think this is a fair price for this album.

Overall

Overall I really enjoyed this album, it has a real fun and sexy feeling to most of the tracks but there is also a nice mix of slower more emotional songs. I think that previous Shakira fans will definitely enjoy this album and that anyone who likes pop or artists like Beyonce, Christina Aguilera or Rihanna may also enjoy this album. Overall I would give this album 4 out of 5 stars.

• doriee.jay published 30/01/2012
    I'm not a fan and find her music very annoying, but good write up :)