Shell Pluspoints

Shell Pluspoints

Review of "Shell Pluspoints"

published 05/02/2008 | Welsman
Member since : 05/02/2008
Pro None
Cons Once you're off the database you've had it and you get no vouchers
Ease of Registration:
Speed of accumulation:
Range of benefits:
Ease of redemption:
Success in retaining brand loyalty:

"If it isn't broke why try and fix it"

I have a V Power Club card and had one since hey came out, this was also an added bonus when I had one of the Shell Visa cards. AS I was spending about £150 per week on fuel and about £2000 a month on the card the shell £10 vouchers came rolling in most months - great! You did it all via the website and everything was perfect. Then Shell ditched the Visa card and I was given a Citi card - after that disaster. The Plus points didn't come as part of the Citi Mastercard and were replaced by a small rebate on Shell fuel spending. Also most garages I tried to use the card with had problems with using the chip and pin machines ( Shell acknowledged that months later ) and then the Shell website forgot who I was. I had to re register and sor the past 6 months or so I have been trying to get my Shell Pluspoints cashed in to get some Shell vouchers. So far it means trying to log in and finding that my details are not on the database. Writing to Shell Pluspoints and getting a reply to say I have to re register ( but the database doesn't recognise my card so I can't - no matter WHAT new password they send to me. Calls to their ( overseas ) call centre gets me to tell the whole story ( at my expense to an 0845 number ) over and over again and getting told the vouchers will be sent at the end of the month - every month I ask and every month I get teh same reply!. So I've stopped using Shell and stopped using the Citi card and I reckon that means Citicard have lost out on their commission on about £13000 of transactions and Shell have lost sales of fuel of about £4000. - And I STILL don't have the vouchers!! - Appalling service all round.

• chris1986 published 05/02/2008
    good review!... that type of company are money grabbing, they dont give anything back!!

Product Information : Shell Pluspoints