Sheraton Centre Hotel, Toronto

Sheraton Centre Hotel, Toronto

Review of "Sheraton Centre Hotel, Toronto"

published 06/03/2015 | justarube
Member since : 09/04/2014
Hi, I enjoy writing and reading reviews. Thanks for your rates and comments. xx
Pro Great location; good service; range of facilities on offer; great food.
Cons None.
Quality of Rooms
Standard of Service
Quality of Food & Drink
Cleanliness

"A Fantastic Top Quality Hotel In Toronto,Canada"

I booked the Sheraton Centre Hotel through the firm Canadian Affair who were advertising this as a four star hotel in their brochure. The firm offer a deal on the price of the hotel and what you pay them is considerably less than it would cost if you booked yourself.

The hotel is situated at 123 Queen Street West and basically takes up an entire block. It is a tall skyscraper and if you get lost in the city simply look around and you'll see the hotel and it's glowing red logo!

When booking in the staff who dealt with me was the friendliest hotel worker I have ever met! He told me his name, wrote this on a contact card and told me if I needed anything to find him at reception. He was so kind and polite and explained where everything was in the hotel. He also gave me a map of the city and ringed key tourist areas. There is lots of maps and information available at a special booth in the lobby too.

The hotel has three lifts, with one of these reserved for those carrying luggage. I did find the lifts took a long time to arrive on my floor. My room was on the seventh floor, which has an ice machine and drinks vending machine. My room overlooked the stunning New and Old City Halls. This is one of the best visual sites in Toronto and my room was right on top of it! It was amazing to wake up in the middle of the night and look out at the fork lightning shooting out at the space age style building. Old City Hall still has a Big Ben style clock tower and the chimes are very audible throughout the night. Although it woke me through the night at first it quickly became something I enjoyed hearing!

The hotel room was clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable and clean. There was a dresser and mirror, a corner chair, bedside table, flat screen TV, cupboard and an en suite bathroom. There was also a security safe and extra features like a hairdryer and coffee maker. The maids clean the room every day if you require but you can request them not to. There is a handy recycling box for your trash. There is also a newspaper delivered to your door every morning.

I ordered food from room service twice during my week long holiday. Although it was very expensive I must say the service was fantastic. The chef was able to adjust the dishes to my needs. The waiter brought the food quickly on a large table which was adorned beautifully and confirmed each meal. The food was delicious and plentiful.

The Sheraton is so big that there are a number of stores and fast food outlets leading off from the lobby. There are some wonderful places to get touristy presents and trinkets. These shops are part of an underground network known as PATH. This network stretches 16 miles and can be accessed at various points around the city and at the main shopping mall, the Eaton Centre. It is a safe and hassle free way to shop around the city. There are a lot of high class fashion stores in the Sheraton which sell work suits - this caters for the large number of business people who use the hotel.

I would in fact say that the Sheraton is definitely more of a business person's hotel than for a casual tourist. During my stay there was conferences taking place on the first floor almost daily. Whilst this didn't affect me at all the lobby is always swarming with men in suits carrying briefcases and the staff are always ultra attentive to these men, perhaps more so than your average guest.

There is a swimming pool in the Sheraton which was under renovation during my holiday in June. This meant I had to walk dripping wet through a corridor in my bathing costume to reach the changing area, which wasn't ideal. The pool has an indoor and an outdoor section, according to your choice. It is large sized and relaxing. There is a nice outdoor garden section where you can relax on a sun lounger. The 2.5 acre garden is designed to jut into the lobby of the hotel where a large waterfall is encased in glass. It is a very beautiful feature and there are many comfortable chairs around this area where you can sit and watch the flowing water and exotic plants. Some of the seats have built in music systems with headphones and I saw many people fall asleep here after meditating.

Location wise, the hotel is in one of the best spots in the city. It is a block from the main shopping area and the Eaton Centre. Yonge Dundas Square, the heart of the entertainment area, is very close. Massey Hall, the concert hall, is just around the corner. Most of the downtown area in fact, even right down to the waterfront, is within walking distance. Sites beyond walking distance can be accessed via the streetcars or the subway. There is a streetcar stop just outside the hotel and a subway station a block away.

If you are travelling and not renting a car it is easy to get to and from the Sheraton on the Airport Shuttle bus. This bright yellow, ultra comfortable bus drops off and picks up right outside the hotel and it costs around $29 Canadian dollars for a return ticket, which is very good value.

I think this hotel is top class and it is certainly one of the best places I have stayed in. I found the staff were very eager to help with anything I needed. The room was comfortable and the view from the window was amazing. Staying at this hotel really helped me to have the most unforgettable holiday of my life and I would go back to the Sheraton Centre, Toronto in a heartbeat.

This review also features on Dooyoo.co.uk under my username cyberem78

• lora44 published 21/03/2015
    Great review, sounds like a nice hotel. Lora x
  • alliewallie published 08/03/2015
    Great review
  • RICHADA published 07/03/2015
    A good review, but I'd never book without seeing photographs first. R.