Shimano Aero Match Pole 12.5 metre

Shimano Aero Match Pole 12.5 metre

Fishing Poles

Review of "Shimano Aero Match Pole 12.5 metre"

published 05/03/2001 | casterman
Member since : 23/02/2001
Pro The pole comes with a good spares package.
Cons Heavy and slightly floppy at full length.

"A Pole At It's Best."

The 12.5 metre Shimano Aero Match Pole.

This pole has been out for quite a while now, and it was rolled on the famed 12.5 metre ex mandrel.

This pole is a good all rounder, that has a good spares package. Mine came with three spare top three's, and a match top three with the pole. Giving you four top three's in total. of which two were power tops and two were match tops.

The two match tops have a elastic rating of 1-8
The power tops have a elastic rating of 8-16, of which I only use the 10-12 through all three sections.

As with all midd price range poles, they are heavy at full length, and slightly floppy. This pole is no different, but I have found that I can still use it with ease at full length.

If you take one section off and use it at eleven metres, I find it a dream pole which is light, stiff and extremely responsive. I have had Carp to 14lb using the power top sections, and using 12's elastic through the top three sections.

I have put together bags of 20lb of silver fish using the match top three's, with 5's elastic through two sections. On fine lines and fine hooks.

With Most anglers using the pole within ranges off five to eleven metres, I find this pole to be an excellent buy. So why pay thousands when you can get this pole that is just as good for around £299.

• xanadu published 06/03/2001
    Another Great opinion Andy - Thanks Donna.
  • BJEEE published 05/03/2001
    I always wanted one of these....mostly just cos I thought they looked nice though. Good to see someone else writing in this section. I've owned loads of different poles over the last few years. Working my way up the Mavers at the moment. Keep up the good work. Ben

Product Information : Shimano Aero Match Pole 12.5 metre