Shimano Phoenix Fishing System

Shimano Phoenix Fishing System

Fishing Poles

Review of "Shimano Phoenix Fishing System"

published 09/03/2001 | casterman
Member since : 23/02/2001
Pro Compact, lightweight and robust.
Cons None that I have found.

"Ready..Steady..Fish."

The Phoenix Fishing System.

What is a Phoenix fishing system, I hear you ask.
Well basically it's a seat box on legs, with a few well apointed extras.

I purchased the Phoenix fishing system, around two years ago, and it's one of the best buys I ever made.

At that time the price I paid was £209 this was for the complete system, which incluled a footrest, pole rest and side bait tray.

Now For My Opinion...

well lets see it holds my 18 stone frame without buckling under the weight.

All the octoplus products fit the round legs that come with the box, and I think this is a plus point.

The Whole system is made from ABS plastics and fibre glass resin, so there is no need to worry about the rotting factor, as this will never happen.

The box that I have is the cannal plus version with which you get two cross drawers, three front drawers and a large under seat pole winder compartment.

Also included with the system is a detachable under seat reel compartment, which can double up as a ground bait tray in an emergency, which is what I have used it for in the past.

It also comes with an attached pole seat as well.

The drawers lock in to place with a brass pin, that goes through the top section, then under the pole seat. To open the drawers you have to remove this pin.

Ok whats it like to sit on for 8 hours.

Before I bought the Phoenix, I used to have a Riva seat box, and after eight hours of sitting on that, it felt like my back was breaking. The Phoenix on the other hand is more than comfortable, no matter how long I have spent sitting on it. Just make sure you get the box nice and level, and you will have no problems with back pain.

My Overall view On The Phoenix Fishing System.

For the budding match man or club angler this is a superb buy.
So do without one at your peril :)

This review was read 2065 times and was rated at

• BJEEE published 09/03/2001
    Sounds good actually. May have to have a look at one when my BOSS box gets made redundant. Good op. Ben :)
  • fatalpotion published 09/03/2001
    You are doing well dad :-)
  • xanadu published 09/03/2001
    Another great opinion Andy - Thanks Donna.

Product Information : Shimano Phoenix Fishing System