Shimano exage stc spinning

Shimano exage stc spinning

Fishing Rods

Review of "Shimano exage stc spinning"

published 21/12/2007 | seaweed78
Member since : 18/10/2006
Pro Very good flex distribution for multi-piece rod
Cons Handle and guide could be better for its price
Ease of Use

"Best back up rod"

A very reasonable all around freshwater fishing and light saltwater fishing. I own the 7'/8' interchangable rod for about 8 month now. Not my first choice of rod to fish with, but conviniences to carry around, this rod is always there as back up. The reason that I don't use it as primary rod is because I am finding its best fishing suitability. For its thin diameter as it coming to the tips, this rod to me is quite stiff but with a good level of bite detection sensitivity to it. The bend is very good and the joining does not seems to affect it at all. A vey good achievement for the Shimano research team. It almost feel like 1 piece rod. I have taken this rod for crappie coarse fishing, spinning, carp fishing and even casting for mackerel from shore. It serve me best on my spinning session where I hooked up bunch of double figure pike. Due to its stiff flex, it is nice to use this rod to give a reasonable hard strike to hook the fish, but I am always struggling on landing carps on this rod. I paired this rod with rear drag symetre 4000 and it works great. There are 2 dissappoitment that experiece though, my tip guide broken to half (cost me 2 quid to repair) and the handle is not firm enough for my liking. But for such flex distribution on multipiece rod, I guess that is not much better option out there. I wish that Shimano will improve this aspect and perhap put SIC guide rather than aluminum oxide.

This review was read 2098 times and was rated at

• dharma.roy published 21/12/2007
    as below
  • techno_man_37 published 21/12/2007
    good review but as below,thanks
  • just.bcoz published 21/12/2007
    good review however more info and details would increase your ratings. if you add to your review let me know and ill rerate accordingly for you :o)