ataata 1

ataata

Member since:25.01.2003

Great items, great to watch, but forget customer services because

27.09.2009 (31.10.2009)

Advantages:
Great products

Disadvantages:
useless customer services

Recommendable No:

Quality and consistency of programmes

Range of programming

somewhat helpful by (60%):
  1. Soho_Black
  2. TheHairyGodmother
  3. sandemp

Here is a copy of the email that I sent to Idealworld. they have sent confirmation of receipt stating that they will try to reply within 72 hours, as three weeks have gone by I assume this estimate to be a bit flexible.
This is a copy of the email sent on 06 September 2009, as I have not received a reply although I have received conformation of receipt, I shall now make the letter known to interested review sites.

Dear Sir/madam

order no. OW07380028 Karcher K215 with accessories plus bonus 3 x detergents pack

I feel that I need to send this letter of complaint into the way my order has been dealt with. As you can see from your records, I have made several purchases over a period of time, so I do know what standards to expect.
I ordered the item on 26 July 2009. When it was delivered the bag of Universal Cleaner had leaked inside the box, the courier told us that he had made a note of this as it had affected other items in his van. I then sent an email outlining what had happened and asked if a new bag of cleaner could be sent. I had cleared up the mess in the box and seen that the Karcher was fine. I was given a message to phone Idealworld as they had telephoned whilst I was out at work. I called back and was put on hold for thirty minutes, which I mentioned to the operative. I have not yet received the itemised bill to claim the compensation. I explained the situation and was told to return all of the items in the box, I did indicate that all that I required was a replacement bag of universal cleaner but I was told that all the equipment and cleaner had to be returned. I was given a date when the box would be picked up. I was told that it would be picked up between 7am and 7pm. When I arrived home on that day, it was still there, my partner had taken the day off work and stayed in all day awaiting the collection of the box. When it reached 7pm I telephoned Idealworld, and was told that the courier stated that they had called around 12:30, I have no idea where he called but it was not this house. Another day was then given the following week. My partner once again took leave and stayed in, and the box was picked up.
I had filled the form in asking for a replacement, as I had also stated this on the telephone. A week later I noticed that I had received a refund to my credit card for the item but not the postage. I then telephoned once again to find out what was happening. I was told that the item which was still on the website at that time would have to be re-ordered, I reiterated that I had asked for a replacement, I was then told that it had sold out. But if the box I had returned was given a pack of cleaner then that could be sent to me, or is that too simple?
So six weeks after I first ordered the Karcher I still do not have it, a number of telephone calls and two days off work wasted, what are your thoughts regarding this matter, and could you suggest how we reach a positive outcome to this matter?
ps I have also purchased the Tomtom Satnav but do not appear to have anything regarding the one year membership to the days out offer, will this be sent seperately?

So please beware when you have to contact the customer services as it could be a costly and fruitless process.

The latest update, they telephoned me at the end of October to say that they are going to refund the postage, when Iasked about receiving a reply to my letter, Iwas told that I would receive my refund of the postage, if only customer services could understand the customer and offer a service then we would not need to complain, I now await the refund, will it happen before Christmas, I am not optimistic.

TheHairyGodmother 28.09.2009 16:05

agreed with sandemp

sandemp 27.09.2009 18:47

While I can understand your frustration there is so much more you could have told us about the channel. What other goods do they sell, what are the postage costs, what are the presenters like?

M.Newcastle 27.09.2009 16:42

Hope ot gets sorted soon x