Should charity begin at home?

Should charity begin at home?

Review of "Should charity begin at home?"

published 11/01/2005 | jameslevitt
Member since : 24/11/2004
Pro .
Cons .

"misplaced loyalties"

I recently spent some time in hospital, where i observed the nurses going about there daily business, one thing I noticed was that 2 seperate wards with 30 patients on each were sharing 1 trolley containing a blood pressure machine and electronic thermometer and i saw that on numerous occasions on a daily basis the nurses had to wait or search for the trolley so as to carry out simple routine checks on the patients!

SO WHAT?

I also noticed government issued posters displayed on the walls appealing for charitable donations to help Iraqi refugees and assylum seekers!

AND?

I think it is diabolicle that the government sends thousands of our troops out to iraq, costing millions of pounds on a weekly basis, then they have the bare faced cheek to ask us to give money to help repair the damages they caused that we paid for by way of taxes, when its blatantly obvious that there is a distinct lack of funding in our hospitals and overworked, underpaid nurses are running round like headless chickens trying to do their jobs with insufficient equipment!

I don`t know about you Mr Blair, but I believe in feeding my own family first before inviting the whole neighbourood round for dinner!

CLASSIC EXAMPLE!! £8.5 Billion earmarked for the invasion of Iraq and only £2.8 million for the Tsunami fund

• jameslevitt published 12/01/2005
    I CAN`T REMEMBER STATING THAT WE SHOULDNT HELP THE VICTIMS OF THE ASIAN TSUNAMI DISASTER, MY POINT WAS THAT WE ARE FORCE FED CHARITY APPEALS BY GOVERNMENT RUN ORGANISATIONS AND IT DOES NOT SEEM REASONABLE THAT WE SHOULD PAY TO FIX WHAT WE HAVE BEEN FORCED TO PAY FOR BREAKING! AS A POINT OF INTEREST I OFTEN DONATE AND RAISE MONEY FOR VARIOUS DIFFERENT CHARITIES
  • lazza123 published 12/01/2005
    ..but when you look at any hospital they have really well fitted management suites!!! Larry
  • helencbradshaw published 11/01/2005
    Unfortunately I dont think throwing money at the NHS will solve anything whatsoever sometimes it is good money after bad, with large bureaucratic organisational structures.

Product Information : Should charity begin at home?

Listed on Ciao since: 18/05/2002