nickbrown... 5

nickbrown60

About me: Hello, I'm Nick - 20 years of age from Swansea.... Thanks so much for all of your rates, very much appreciated :) X

Member since:07.02.2009

I love thisss!!!

15.02.2009 (16.02.2009)

Advantages:
Very well made, Very Clear Calls .  Quality buttons

Disadvantages:
None

Reception & Clarity of speech

Range of features

Reliability

Range of receptionExcellent

What is the durability of this product?Excellent

22 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Heretohelpyou
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. azana
  3. Wils0408n

Hello everyone and welcome to this review!

Well I am a fan of Siemens phones. A year ago I bought a two handset system which I was over the moon with. But! we had used them so much that they had seen better days and were in need for replacement. This is where this lovely handset came into my life:)

We have to own a cordless phone in our home. If we had a wired one then it would quite honestly never get answered!! We are that lazy:(

I bought this phone in Swansea market at a phone store Brand New for £49.

An okay price I suppose but I like to support the smaller businesses around where I live so ofcourse - I had to get it from the market.

When I got this home I was sure I had bought the right phone for our needs because it felt quality before I even opened the box.

In the box I found:
One handset
A fancy looking base station
A telephone Line cord
A Rechargeable battery
A belt Clip
Power adaptor
And instructions.

This phone came with a 1 year gaurantee so im covered for the year before we replace this again. We change our house phones every year.... Its always nice to have a change eh?

I must say I was very pleased with the quality of this handset once opened.. It felt lovely to hold and it is very light.

So it was time to set up this lovely phone. First of all the battery must be charged as with all cordless phones for 24 hours prior to use. Soooo our lovely old Siemens still had a days use to go! aww poor things. We really do over use our phones. A family of 6 and free phone calls..... and teenagers, haha.

Well 24 hours later our old phones were ready to retire to upstairs and our new one was sitting proudly on the table by the door:) it looked much nicer than our other ones.

Well 5 minutes after plugging the phone in it rang. The ring tone is extremely loud and can be heard throughout the house with ease. So I will not be missing the phone ever again. My gosh! For once the phone was for me:) So I had first use of this phone. I must say I noticed how good the sound was when I picked it up.

In the instructions there is a section that describes siemens new sound and microphone system. It is described as HD Sound and believe me! It is pretty good.

The battery on this phone is said to last 12 hours and I do believe this! It is in use throughout the whole day and at night it still easily has a bar. I admit that the battery is not as good as our old phones but maybe it needs some settling in! and well it has got a colour screen which could drain it slightly faster.

Yup! This phone has a colour screen... Gone are the days of the non - attractive black and white screens... But I did actually prefer the older screens! not a huge problem though.

Phones Features
*******************

This phone has many great features:

Answer machine - The answer machine is really great. I have tried BT answerphones in the past but I found the ladies voice so boring! Gosh I am fussy haha, but the Siemens lady is so much more interesting.... It does not sound like a robot! more like a real person. The answer machine has a recording time of 40 Minutes! WOW thats one long message. Gone are the days of deleting my messages when my 10 minutes are full:) Yayy

Colour screen - This colour screen really is quite good quality. Although I must be honest I do not think there is much it is useful for. The phone does have some games on it - Tetris , Bongo and run chicken. I have no idea what they do as I never play games. Especially on a home phone!

ECO Dect - Did you know that your cordless phone... even in standby mode is pumping radio waves throughout your house 24/7?! These waves are thought to be harmful but Siemens has helped this.. When your phone is not in a call or on the docking station the Siemens lowers the output of waves by 75%!! Great, a healthy phone:)

Phonebook - Store both names and numbers on this phone! Shows who is calling when it rings. Very handy!

Handsfree speakerphone - This is great, I can now use the phone while cooking, just plop it on the work surface and talk as normal. The sound is great and it is very loud.

300 metre range. Easily use your phone around the home and garden with no static or noise at all. Just as clear as a corded phone!

Overall this phone is fantastic, just like my old Siemens but even better! You can also easily add extra handsets with a press of a button. Great if you want more phones around the home.

The buttons are also very sensitive on ths phone. Great if you like to dial quick)

5** From me
Hope this has helped you:)
Nick

Cutecandy 08.10.2009 19:47

Lots of useful info. Thanks. Cutecandy

Heretohelpyou 18.02.2009 03:05

This sounds like an excellent telephone unit! Thanks for the exceptional review Nick!! all the best, Alex.

alienduck 17.02.2009 18:23