Signalex Multislot USB Card Reader

Review of "Signalex Multislot USB Card Reader"

published 16/05/2014 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro For such a little cost this can save me at work
Cons None
Reliability
Ease of Use

"The card reader that cares for all your memory card reading needs"

Signalex Multislot USB Card Reader

In my work, I have a lot of dealings with photographs and as such can have any number of people present at my desk waving a camera or memory stick at me. I wave my magic wand to get them on the system most times (my laptop has an SD reader in the side of it) but in the cases where people have other sized memory cards, it can be problematic. i spotted this gadget in the land of Pound and snatched it up in a frenzy, only pausing to note its pink girly properties.

First impressions
On the subject of Pink, this is good as I work with 99% men and they are unlikely to pinch a pink gadget off my desk. This is very plastic looking and frankly not a pretty thing to look at. It has a helpful plastic gap at the top that you could thread through to make it something on a key ring if you so wished. On the back is the USB plug and this has a very short cable (around 2 cm) which perfectly slots in the back of the gizmo so it's a neat shape with no dangly bits.

Description
On one side, there are three slots for MS, SD/Mini SD and Micro SD and the end hs a mysterious M slot that I have never needed to use yet! This is so lightweight you would not know you were carrying it if it were in your pocket. I got pink but other colours are available.

Price
Obviously this cost a whole pound. Poundland is the shop I bought it from!

In use
This is handy to keep in my laptop bag. I've now used it on a number of occasions and it's well justfied the pound spent, working well each and every time. I find this particularly useful when I am on a desktop PC at work logging in without my laptop as the PCs have no card reader slots so you are screwed without one of these!

My thoughts
What a handy little piece of kit for anyone in my position. No longer must I have to look stupid at work, but lightly intelligent with my pink multislot USB card reader. This also bypasses email volumes and you can save straight to your folders in my computer. I am sure a lot of PCs have the multi slot options but where technology is a little behind these do bridge the gap well. I am humbled by the abilities of all things USB to be honest...

Final word
Who wouldn't want one of these for this price?! I use mine all the time at work and it is compact enough to keep handy without being cumbersome. This ticks all the boxes and is a total winner in my opinion.

• danielclark691 published 22/05/2017