Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii)

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii)

Genre: Action/Adventure - Publisher: Konami

Review of "Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii)"

published 13/01/2012 | lynsey82
Member since : 02/02/2003
My reviews are my own personal opinion, please respect them as such. Thank you.
Pro Great gameplay, good mix of action and puzzle solving, scary!
Cons Fighting enemies gets a bit confusing and difficult.
Gameplay/Playability
Graphics
Sound
Difficulty & Complexity

"Unique and actually quite scary..."

I'd played other Silent Hill games before, but never on the Wii. This one is rather different and takes a bit of a diversion from the original games/storyline. I won't go into this too much, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Needless to say, it's still a fantastic game. There are plenty of opportunities to solve puzzles and have a good hunt around, as well as killing creatures. In fact, unlike most of the other games, the creatures only come out at certain times of the game, so it's actually possible to get a bit of a breather.

The parts of the game where you have to fight creatures, however, and escape to a safe location, are actually pretty scary. I keep passing the Wii Remote to my husband, who is now complaining that he never gets to play the 'nice bits'! I find this part of the game really challenging, as it all turns to ice, and you only have a torch to see with - I therefore found myself bumping into things and going round in circles. I don't see this as a problem with the game, as much as a problem with my own gaming skills!

Definitely one to have a go at... but very difficult in places.