AddictedT... 4

AddictedToBeauty

About me: Don't like it when my product proposals get done at the same time - please could you rate my latest 2 reviews rather than just the latest one, thanks.

Member since:12.12.2010

Great for Sensitive Skin

18.09.2011

Advantages:
Gentle, effective, strong, good size, many uses

Disadvantages:
wipes stick together so you can easily end up with too many

Dispenser

PropertiesFragrance Free, Alcohol Free, Dermatologically tested, Lanolin Free

20 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Thehonesttruth
  2. mumsymary
  3. CelticSoulSister

I donít have kids myself but I spend a lot of time babysitting nieces, nephews and friendsí children so I always have baby wipes around the house. Most of the parents whose children I sit for seem to use Johnsonís wipes but as Iíve had a pretty bad allergic reaction to these in the past I opt instead for Simple Moisturising Baby Wipes. The normal price in Boots is £2.03 for a pack of 80 wipes, but the price can vary greatly depending on where you buy them from and they can often be found on offer. I picked up my most recent pack for £1 but I canít remember where!

The wipes come in a green and pink plastic pack which is easily identifiable as being from the simple brand. It even has a little picture of Tatty Teddy on the front, which is useful for keeping older babies distracted while you get on with the changing process. The pack has a resealable sticker on the front which covers the hole through which you pull the wipes. This sticker peels back easily and unlike other similar packs it fastens securely to keep the wipes from drying out, even when youíre nearing the bottom of the pack. Unfortunately the wipes donít always come out one at a time as they have a tendency to stick together so you can easily get out more than you need which is wasteful.

The wipes have a Ďno tearsí formula and are alcohol free, ph balanced, and contain no perfume, colour or unnecessary ingredients or harsh chemicals, so they wonít upset babyís skin, and are suitable for even newborn babies. They are formulated with pro-vitamin B5 to soften and smooth, and chamomile oil to soothe skin.

Each wipe is a about 6 by 8 inches, which Iíve found to be the perfect size for their intended use. A wipe easily covers my hand so I can wipe babies bottoms easily without getting my hands messy, and they easily contain all that they need to. They feel soft and fairly thin but are actually really strong so Iím never worried about them ripping or tearing and fingers going through them.

The wipes are nicely moist but they donít feel like theyíre leaving the skin really wet, so I donít feel I need to leave baby to dry off for ages before putting a clean nappy on. They clean the skin effectively and leave it feeling fresh. I usually use 2 wipes each nappy change, one to remove the main offending substances and one to just make sure the area is fully clean, and this seems to be sufficient. With other wipes I have used in the past Iíve needed to use as many as 4 or 5 wipes just to feel that the area is sufficiently clean. being fragrance free there's no distinct scent to them, they just smell fresh.

Iíve used these wipes with all of the babies I look after and have never found them to upset or irritate the skin in any way. A couple of the parents have actually now switched to using these wipes over their previous choices as their children seem to suffer less with nappy rash and irritation when Iíve been using these on them.

The wipes also have many other uses so theyíre a great thing to have around the house even if you donít have children. I use them to have a quick wash when I need to freshen up after work but donít have the time for a shower, and they leave my skin feeling so fresh and soft. I also sometimes use them in place of face wipes and find them pretty effective at removing makeup. I even use them to remove hair removal cream as Iím not a fan of flannels or facecloths and they work brilliantly for this, leaving my skin feeling soothed and lightly moisturised after the hair removal process.

Overall, these are a really great wipe which can be used for so much more than just wiping babies bottoms., and the fact that theyíre suitable for sensitive skin and donít bring me out in a rash makes them highly recommended from me.

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 1p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 1p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this reviewís content

daisyleex 19.09.2011 02:19

Good write up :) x

kevin121 18.09.2011 18:15

I use their facial wash and can confirm that is very good for my sensitie skin too. Rachael.

kama0529 18.09.2011 18:12