Simple Facial Cleansing Wipes

Simple Facial Cleansing Wipes

Cleansing Cloth - Wipes

Review of "Simple Facial Cleansing Wipes"

published 10/10/2007 | scuba_angel
Member since : 25/06/2003
Satisfactory
Pro removes most of my makeup
Cons doesnt really 'clean' the skin
Length of Use
Use Many of the Products?

"SIMPLE, idea, simply doesnt work"

Since I started working back in a bar in the evenings have started to wear make up again, as anyone who has ever worn make up on a regular basis can tell you this will result in you spending alot more time getting washed at the end of a night, so the development of cleansing wipes must have been a God send.

Of course these days the market for this type of product is pretty much flooded with all the major cosmetic brands seeming to have their own, as do the supermarkets and chemists, so what to look for? In my case usually I will choose those which are on offer or those which are a brand name. In this case I choose to go for the brand name option and a recommendation from my sister who swears by SIMPLE Facial Cleansing Wipes. As far as I remember I paid around £2 for the pack of 25, which is reasonable value for a popular brand item.

Stored in the plastic resealable pack they feel soft (the pack is squishy) and lifting the tab to open the pack there is a pleasant clean fragrance which I believe is the aloe vera. Pulling one out they are a fairly standard size and are a soft cottony feeling material, so no chance of being harsh in that sense. Since I need these to help to dislodge my eyemake up (I tend to go slightly overboard on my eyeliner) it is important that the material as well as the impregnated solution are gentle.

Wiping them over my face a single cloth will remove satisfactorily my makeup, but I always wash with more conventional soap after anyway so I couldnt judge the moisturising properties on this occasion.

So after returning home from a nightshift in the print and mail room Im far too tired to complete my usual nighttime routine, and simply use one of these wipes to freshen my skin before I hit the pillows (if I dont its amazing how grubby the pillows look from the loose printer toner which sticks to my skin!).

But without fail after using them for this purpose my face feels greasy and uncomfortable, luckily I always shower anyway so this feeling soon goes, but it is disappointing. I also find that beyond removing my make up and the print toner these really dont do much in terms of cleaning my skin, after a typical none working day I can use one and it comes away from my skin looking as white as it did before I began using it, and indeed since I began using these there has been a noticeable increase in the number of blackheads and blocked pores I have on and around my nose. This definitely belies their claims to be none greasy!

• S.Bate published 07/11/2007
    I can't remember if I've tried these or not. That must mean they're not very memorable. Or that i have a bad memory. Or both.
  • spoilt_little_br published 28/10/2007
    I used the Nivea ones before and they always seem ok. Lisa
  • susrim published 27/10/2007
    Great review. I find Nivea wipes are a million times better than the simple one's. Susan :)