Singapore Airlines - SIA

Singapore Airlines - SIA

Review of "Singapore Airlines - SIA"

published 18/06/2001 | vinodgm
Member since : 26/05/2001
Pro Optimal service, comfort, new aircraft
Cons None
How often do you travel with this airline
Where did you book
Food Quality
Customer Service
Punctuality

"Singapore Girl"

I had the pleasure of travelling twice with them. Both of these were on their long haul flights from London to Singapore. The last of them was in February 2000.

There are so many little things that sets this airline above the others.

The main emphasis of Singapore Airlines has always been on service. Off course many airlines offer you good service but what about those little things that you can only experience if you have flown with them.

For example on my flight, I was in Economy Class and the night was upon us. Most of the passengers were fast asleep with their pillows stuck under their heads and blankets pulled up over their shoulders. I personally cannot sleep on a flight. There was a passenger on my left and a couple of rows down, whose blanket had dropped from his shoulders and onto the floor. One of the stewardesses, on her very regular rounds, noticed this and without any hesitation carefully picked up the blanket and put it back around this guys shoulders and very carefully at that to make sure that the fellow didn’t wake up.
These are the minor things that you will always remember.

They have the most modern fleet in the world. They never hang on to a particular aircraft for long and keep on upgrading to ones that have more facilities. You can tell as soon as you board the aircraft.

The seating space and legroom is probably the highest of all the airlines for Economy Class.

They were the first ones to start the free alcoholic drinks and complimentary headphones in Economy Class and other airlines then promptly followed suit.

They give you the most incredible choice over 25 different special meals to suit anyone’s requirement.

Each seat has a T/V screen and the channels and variety of program’s are way above average.

From what I understand First Class passengers get a free limousine, each, to receive them on arrival and take them to their home or hotel.

If you are ever travelling to the Far East then make it a point to fly Singapore Airlines. They truly are special and you will not be disappointed.

Singapore Airlines are in my view the best airline in the world.

Visit their very comprehensive website at:

www.singaporeair.com

• james7510 published 13/05/2003
    i agree they are a very good airline with the best fleet of airplanes around.
  • marcolangley published 17/03/2003
    Hi, good op but I must say Singapore airlines are not my favourite. I flew with them in January 2003. The food was average and the crew wasn't as nice as you would expect. Legroom is definately better on Virgin Atlantic. Marco
  • muzzy published 20/11/2002
    thank you so much for that op.i am in the process of trying to find a flight to NZ for my Dad. We were not sure which was the best airline to use, & Singapore air had been suggested. Think you may have chosen for us ! Sally