Singles, The - Basement Jaxx

Singles, The - Basement Jaxx

1 CD(s) - UK House - Label: XL - Distributor: PIAS UK/Sony DADC - Released: 21/03/2005 - 634904018726

Review of "Singles, The - Basement Jaxx"

published 05/06/2005 | scuba_angel
Member since : 25/06/2003
Pro great tracks
Cons id only heard of 3 of them
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"They had more than one??"

I work in a club and heard Oh my gosh one night (one of the few times when i actually noticed the music) so i decided to find out who the artist was and get it.
I then found that Basement Jaxx had an album out so decided to buy it, i didnt realise until then how many singles theyd had out, i remembered Romeo and Red Alert but that was it.
So with my knowledge of this release limited to those three i bought it, and can honestly say i havent had it off my cd player since (literally, coz its still there after i was listening to it while i packed for my holiday, then left it there d'oh). For music to listen to before i go to work its ranks alsongside Angel Citys album for harmless get me in the mood music.
I have to say the cover amuses me, i find myself trying to count the colours and the number of stripes on the cover, which my former flatmates found highly amusing (but im a simple soul).
After listening to it afew times i did start to recognise afew of the other tracks from clubs and radio over the last couple of years, bingo bango, wheres you head at, being two that i instantly recognised. After listening to this i am considering buying some of their earlier albums, although if this is a collection of their sinlges im not sure if its worth it.
Heres the full track list for the single cd version, also avaliable are a 2 cd version and a dvd.

1. Red Alert
13. Jus 1 Kiss
14. Flylife
15. Samba Magic

• AnitaM published 08/08/2005
    I bought this even though I didn't know a lot of their stuff and I really like it. It's a good one to play loud in the car.
  • derek-j-a published 11/06/2005
    Good review, but I would have liked to have heard a bit more about the individual tracks etc.. If you do an edit, let me know... Derek
  • bowdeni published 05/06/2005
    Remedy is their best album. check out my review of it. ian