Review of "Skin Republic Caviar + CoQ10 Face Mask"

published 02/05/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro quick treat for skin
Cons none

"I don't eat caviar, I wear it!"

Skin Republic Caviar + CoQ10 Face Mask

Skin Republic Caviar + CoQ10 Face Mask

I do like a good sheet mask. It's a great way to intensely hydrate your skin in a DIY home treatment. I actually received this in the December Look Fantastic beauty box but only just got around to using it.

In use
This face mask is pretty simple to use. All the instructions are on the back of the pack. You apply to a cleansed and dry face. Then you just tear open the tab at the top (which seals in all the serum) then unfold the mask and pop it on your face, matching up the holes with your mouth, nose and eyes. You then leave it on for 15 - 20 minutes. Then you dispose of the mask as it is a one time use item.

My thoughts
The packet says there is 25 mil in the mask packet which is quite a lot of product to use in one go! It does say to apply any excess serum to the face and neck afterwards. It feels a little cold at first, then your face tends to warm up the mask. It sticks in face quite firmly and you can go about your tasks if you wish to but I tend to just watch tv or relax with the mask on. Afterwards my skin feels soft and smooth and nicely moisturised. I have combination skin and i think that this mask has helped to keep that in control as for days afterwards it did not go greasy and there were no dry patches either so I feel like this is a worthwhile treatment to use.

How much?
This mask is available individually from the Look \fantastic website priced £4.99. This is around a standard price for a single use face mask I'd say. It is available from the same brand., Skin Republic in different varieties: brightening Vitamin C, Collagen Infusion and a spots and blemishes treatment. These are all £4.99. You can also buy a box of eye patch treatments (under eye) with three sets in for £5.99. I want to try them all!

What they say...
This intensive recovery system enhances the skin's elasticity. Ingredients rich in vitamins. Antii oxidants and amino acids help to hydrate, nourish and revitalise CoQ10 Caviar and Witch Hazel help protect the skin and reduce redness for a youthful appearance.

Key Ingredients:
Caviar - rich in Vitamins and micro-elements to slow down ageing process and moisturise skin.
CoQ10 - a naturally occurring enzyme essential for good health.
Vitamin E - a potent antioxidant with anti-ageing and moisturising properties.
Witch Hazel - naturally astringent and helps control water loss.

Extra info that is good to know...
The Skin Republic range is cruelty free and not tested on animals.

Final word
This is the sort of item I would add in to my basket if I was buying items from Look Fantastic anyway. I probably wouldn't buy them as a single order but they are a nice relaxing face treat that is relatively low priced. I did wonder if the smell would be strong on this face mask as Witch Hazel has quite an aroma but I can't really smell anything when the mask is on so that's fine by me. Would I purchase this face mask again? Definitely!

• DodoRabbit published 03/05/2017