Review of "Skin Republic Collagen Infusion Face Mask"

published 12/04/2017 | Pointress
Member since : 19/03/2014
Thanks to all those for review and rate. I think I'm back on track, but message me if I've not returned the favour of a rate.
Pro Easy to use, no mess, seems to work
Cons Could frighten husbands and small children

"Infused with collagen infusion"

Skin Republic Collagen Infusion Face Mask

Skin Republic Collagen Infusion Face Mask

At a recent stay in at a Spa, I noticed this face mask from Skin Republic on one of the shelves in the beauty shop. It was one one of the least inexpensive items in the shop at £4.99 so I thought I would give it a try. I also thought it would be useful to take on holiday with me in the somewhat misguided hope that I would have some time for a little pampering.

The Collagen Infusion is an anti-ageing face mask that promises firmer, younger looking skin with improved elasticity and smoothed wrinkles and fine lines. It is actually a sheet mask rather than the type of mask that you smear on to your skin. The beauty therapist I occasionally visit in a neighbouring village had used a sheet mask on my face a few weeks beforehand and I thought I could save myself some time and money by trying this d-i-y version.

Sheet masks
~~~~~~~~~
Sheet masks are a thin piece of cloth or paper that have been saturated in all sorts of ingredients designed to be beneficial to your skin. You place a sheet over your face, with holes pre-cut for your eyes, nose and mouth and leave it there for a pre-determined time to allow your skin to soak up the ingredients.

The idea of the sheet mask originated in Korea and indeed this one is made in Korea. They are supposed to be cheap and fun and a very portable. Of course they vary hugely in price and what they promise to deliver.

What’s in it
~~~~~~~~~
The Key Ingredients of this particular mask are:
• Collagen – to maintain skin elasticity and strength.
• Elastin - to give the skin flexibility and smoothe wrinkles.
• Vitamin E - anti-ageing and moisturising a antioxidant.
• Witch Hazel - naturally astringent and to help control water loss.
• Wheat Amino Acids – to encourage new tissue growth, healing and rejuvenation.

How to use
~~~~~~~~
So applying the sheet is simple. First you are directed to cleanse your skin and then as described above, you remove the sheet from the packaging, unfold it and place on your face. You leave it for 15-20 minutes and that’s it. When your time is up you simply remove the sheet and dispose of it. You don’t rinse of any of the product that remains but allow it to soak in. Any excess can be applied to the neck, décolletage and hands.

So what I thought
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I didn’t use it on holiday and I’ve had it in my toiletry bag for a while so it’s quite well travelled! However, this Sunday I decided that the time had come. So with Mr P watching the goggle box downstairs, I made my way upstairs and set about putting the mask to the test.

Having cleansed my face I thought I might be best to tie my push my hair out of the way to stop getting any residue from the mask in my hair. I didn’t particularly want to wash my hair in the morning if I could avoid it. I found a hairband in the cupboard, stuck it on and then opened the pack. The pack was very wet inside and the cloth oozing with what I hoped would prove to be a transformative serum. The cloth was a little fiddly to unfold but I managed it and positioned it over my face without too much difficulty. It initially felt cold on the face but not unpleasant.

Of course I had to take a selfie for the purposes of this review only not realising that apparently sheet mask selfies were quite the thing to do when this Korean innovation first hit our shores a couple of years ago. Anyway looking rather like an Egyptian mummy, I settled back to relax for 20 minutes. I had been planning on reading but then realised that I would have to put my glasses on over the mask which I didn’t fancy doing. I did look around for a cheap pair of ready readers but settled for outstretched arms and squinting! However, a wave of tiredness swept over me so I abandoned my book and tried one of the breathing techniques my yoga teacher encourages her class to practice.

It was a good 25 minutes before I roused myself and went to take off the mask. It was still very moist and it did seem a waste to throw it away but I quickly ruled out any attempt to try and save it for another time. Instead I rubbed a little of the excess into my hands and then consigned the sheet to the bin. My skin felt as it was still soaking in all those good nutrients and moisture but looking in the mirror I could see no visible difference. As I settled back into bed for a reasonably early night my skin did begin to feel a little tinkling but not unpleasantly so. It also felt warm, as if I were blushing. I quickly checked the mirror again but there was no pinkness and so I turned off the light and was soon off to sleep. I did stir about 4 hour with when I checked my face, it felt as if all the serum had soaked into my skin.

Recommended
~~~~~~~~~~~
I would recommend this mask. To be honest, I wasn’t really expecting it to make a visible difference but two days later my skin still feels smooth, toned and a little plumper than usual. All that moisture has left my skin feeling younger and firmer. So a definite winner. It’s also easy to use and a lot less messy than traditional face masks. Leaving it to soak into the skin after the sheet has been removed clearly helps the hydration process too. The packet is easy to slip into a wash bag so I will purchase again and take with me when I’m away. £4.99 seems a reasonable price too, particularly when compared with a visit to the beauty salon for a facial. This is more convenient and for me the results seem to be just as good. So the full 5 out of 5.

~~~
The Skin Republic range is cruelty free and not tested on animals.

• euphie published 21/04/2017
    e :o)
  • rolandrat123 published 17/04/2017
    vh
  • CelticSoulSister published 17/04/2017
    Excellent!

offers "Skin Republic Collagen Infusion Face Mask"