Review of "Skinfood Premium Tomato Whitening Toner"

published 03/05/2015 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro Doesn't smell like tomatoes!
Cons May be hard to find
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Detox with tomatoes"

Skinfood Premium Tomato Whitening Toner

Skinfood Premium Tomato Whitening Toner

I got a bottle of tomato whitening toner by the Korean skincare company Skinfood. I waited a while to use it as I was worried that it would smell like tomatoes. I needn't have worried as it did not smell at all like tomatoes, it just smells really nice and fresh.

What is it?
Don't be put off by the term whitening. That really just means skin clearing and brightening rather than bleaching! A little lost in translation but a lot of Korean beauty products use the word whitening as a selling point.

How I use it
I drench a cotton pad with this product and use it after cleansing my face. In the morning I use it before applying my make up as well and it makes my skin feel really cool and refreshed.

My thoughts
This product is lovely to use and helps me to feel really clean before applying serum and moisturiser before make up in the morning and also at night time before serum and moisturiser. It is nice and cool and refreshing and helps me wake up in the morning. I lve the packaging, the bottle is really cute and the label is interesting. It promises skin brightening properties and I am very happy to embrace that!

Price and availability
This is very hard to get hold of in the UK. Mine came in a beauty box but that company no longer ship to the UK so you will have to either import it from a site like Tester Korea or bite the bullet and pay £18.42 plus a few pounds for postage on Amazon.

Would I rebuy?
I really like this but I would not pay £20 for it when a micellar water does largely the same job of cleansing the skin. I do rate this but would not hunt it down unless it became more easily available in the UK.

• violetvivi published 09/08/2015