Skinny Cow Hot Chocolate

Skinny Cow Hot Chocolate

Review of "Skinny Cow Hot Chocolate"

published 04/05/2012 | lorrainek90
Member since : 17/04/2009
Decided after a well deserved break, to come back to writing for a while! Great to catch up with everyone!
Good
Pro Low in calories
Cons Doesnt taste as good as other brands
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"Skinny Cow Hot Chocolate Drink"

Cost: £1-£2
Availability: In most supermarkets and food shops

About
I decided to try Skinny Cow hot chocolate drink because when I was doing my shopping in Tesco it was on offer and cheaper than the other hot chocolate drinks on the shelf, and as it was lower in calories I thought I'd try it.

I was quite disappointed with this hot chocolate drink, I don't ever expect any lower calorie alternative to taste as good as the tastier calorific originals but I found this drink really bland and boring to drink. The hot chocolate drink had a very weak chocolate taste and wasn't very sweet.

However the drink isn't all bad, each serving contains less than 40 calories which is a great change from alternatives that may contain up to 150 calories per serving, so if you're watching your calorie intake and don't mind compromising on taste you may find this drink satisfying to your cause.

This drink is also more expensive than most other hot chocolate brands at almost £2 per 200g.

Packaging
The 200g tub is white and black with cow imprint on it, there is a picture of the skinny cow and the skinny cow logo on the front of it. There is also a picture of a mug of hot chocolate and also all the information that must be put onto a product by law, for example contact details of the business. There is also a brown screw top lid on top of this product.

Nutritional Value
Of which saturates 1.0g
Fibre: 1.4g
Sodium: 0.1g

My opinion
I think that this is a great drink for people who are watching their calorie intake and don't mind spending a bit extra on this brand, but if you want a tasty pick me up this drink doesn't deliver on taste and doesn't really taste as chocolaty as most other hot chocolate brands.