Sky1: Jenny Jones

Sky1: Jenny Jones

Review of "Sky1: Jenny Jones"

published 22/04/2002 | ms19
Member since : 02/03/2002
Rate me and il try to rate you back :-) x
Good
Pro entertaining
Cons plastic show helpers, ex-guests on the show
How good is the content?
How good are the presenters?
How does it compare to similar programmes?
How do you rate the guests?
How do you rate the overall style and design?

"Come on Jenny be a bit more original"

In my opinion this is one of the best chat shows, mainly because Jenny Jones is a really good presenter for the show she always has an interesting topic on the show and she is friendly to her guests. She is quite good at telling them what she thinks but in a kinder way thatn some chat show hosts. She can control the audience if they get out of hand or even the guests. Another reason that I like this show is because I could probably sit and watch it for hours and not find it boring because she has a certain way of making the show on a level where the guests don't get outrageous and the story stays clean but entertaining.

I can maybe nderstand why some guests would like to appear on this show because it isn't as low as something like Jerry Springer when you are going to be made a fool of by Jerry and the audience also but the guests on that show are of a low class and common people.

When choosing her topics she does it well, it's nothing like I am a man or I have a secret I have slept with your brother because the people make themselves sound like tarts and do not help themselves getting liked by anyone. Jenny Jones mostly does things to do with eating disorders, school problems or someone liking someone or looking different. One show I found quite scary was when the daughters and the mothers looked a like, what I want to know is who would want to look like their mother? The daughter's individuality and great image is being ruined but the mother is getting the best of it because people will say to her you look great for your age and admire her fashion sense. I could say though why do the daughters let their mothers copy them?

Jenny is not the ludest and most confident host ever she doesn't seem to always say what she wants to. She seems to let the guests talk for her and let them keep the show entertaining and occasionally she will put her views into the matter. They have ex-guests on the show to see if what happened last time on stage to see if there any improvements to what happened when they were on the show before. I think this is a bit dull and they should find newer guests instead of wasting people's time.

I hate the people working on the show the muscly men or the busty women who should keep themselves covered, it looks quite tacky on the show when Jenny looks quite classy.

I sometimes wtahc my chat shows but I have gotten fed up with this and sometimes prefer to watch Sally Jesse Raphael or maybe just more tv shows that have a point to them and are not there for the guests to make a show of themselves on.

• maximax published 30/04/2002
    good op :) ma x.
  • purebitch published 23/04/2002
    This was a good op, but there are a few typo's. I too like to watch Jenny Jones, but it does my head in after a while.
  • MRSCANADA published 22/04/2002
    I agree Jenny Jones needs a make over! She's had a few of them(if you check her bio)...even tho' she's a Canadian I won't watch her any more..Good review..LL

Product Information : Sky1: Jenny Jones