Sky Movies

Sky Movies

Review of "Sky Movies"

published 23/05/2004 | baggie8r
Member since : 03/05/2004
Pro Premiers every week, wide range of films
Cons cost to have sky movies
Quality and consistency of programmes
Range of programming
Quantity of advertising

"Sky Movies"

Sky Movies include a huge range of movies for all ages and that is a fact. They have many different channels to show different films at different start times so that you can watch the film when it convienient for you.

Premier's are quick to make it to Sky movies. In fact they are always the first to premier any movie that has been at the cinema, regardless of what age group it is for or what the genre is. They have recently bought in something even more interesting as well. They run genre weekends where a specific genre will be shown regulary over all the channels so if you like that genre then you will be hooked. This weekend they are showing movies that take place at sea with K19 The Widowmaker being one of the star films being shown. I am not a big fan of those type of films but recently there was a action weekend where films such as Die Hard and Gone in 60 seconds ran the show. This I enjoyed.

Due to the amount of channels Sky Movies offers programs are very regular so it is easy to see the film you want. Sky Movies doesnt just show films though. They regulary have programs on the making of some of the new films comng out and interviews with the stars. Look out for a possible in depth look at The Day After Tomorrow. Advertising between films is not to bad as the channels also show things like the cinema charts and listings. Advertising on other channels for Sky Movies is more or less constant as they are always looking to promote the newest blockbusters coming to the Sky Movie channels.

Although I am a huge fan of Sky Movies I am not going to cover up for the amount you have to pay to have it. It is not included in a standard sky package and will set you back around another £15 if you want the movies put on. It is a small price to pay I think for the quality of entertainment but if you have all of the other sky channels as well it could push your monthly bill up to about £40 -£50. This is the only downside I can see from Sky Movies. If you have Sky Plus then you will be able to enjoy the movies even more being as you will be able to record them and watch them when you want even though the starting times of films is very regular. If you are looking to be the first to see some of the years biggest blockbusters then I can only recommend Sky Movies.

• melodysparks published 24/05/2004
    A good review.I have the Sky complete package which costs me £40 per month but there is something to watch all the time especially when I can't sleep
  • MAFARRIMOND published 23/05/2004
    Good review. Maureen
  • drewboy published 23/05/2004
    great review but personally I don't think it's worth the money for me as I wouldn't have time to watch them all! drew

Product Information : Sky Movies