Review of "Slazenger Select"

published 02/10/2001 | Barthezz
Member since : 02/10/2001
Pro Brilliant middle, nice design
Cons None as yet
Power
Control

"Slazenger V500 Select Cricket Bat"

After finishing my first season at my local cricket club with no cricket bat of my own, I decided it was about time to buy my own.

After lots of recommendations about different bats I decided to go to the sports store and find out more.

Thats when I stumbled upon an end of season price for the Slazenger V500 Select of £30. Usually this particular bat is £70. I plumped for the Short handle (mainly because it was the only one left in the shop!!).
I wasn't disappointed.

The bat didn't need 'knocking in' due to the protective cover over the front so I was straight in the Winter Nets with it. After a few overs getting used to the bat, I found the middle quite easily. The middle of this bat is not for the faint hearted!! A nice cover drive saw the ball hurtling THROUGH the bottom of the net and towards the far corner of the room. Next ball, straight back at the bowler who was pretty quick to dodge the ball :-)

The bat is triple strung which makes the middle even stronger. The bat has a fair bit of weight behind it.

The bat has a nice design, including a large Slazenger panther on the reverse of the bat, and a black grip.

• cmgraves published 02/10/2001
    Welcome to Ciao, good first op. Cheryl x
  • 2000andone published 02/10/2001
    Gr8 first opinion, Love the name, is it after the Dj barthezz? on the move :) Welcome to ciao. Dave
  • GeoffreyHawkins published 02/10/2001
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here since its your first op. and how much can you really write about a cricket bat?? and give you a VH. Hope you do well at Ciao, and look forward to your future op.s, Geoff:)