Sunnysmil... 5

Sunnysmiles

Member since:22.07.2005

Video reviews:1

Back on the milkshake plan

09.03.2012

Advantages:
helps you to lose weight

Disadvantages:
may not be suitable for everyone

Taste

Effectiveness

Price level

Why did you buy it?

15 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Graygirl
  2. fatman88
  3. danielclark691

Yes it's that time of the year when you've made your New Years resolution to lose weight infront of others so that you have to now do something about it and I am now trying to stick to my plan of losing weight, so I'm back on the Slimfast plan again.
This isn't the first time I have tried the slimfast plan and probably won't be the last. I'm not sure how long I'll last but for now it's been nearly two weeks and I'm doing ok.

Slimfast can be bought at Morrisons I bought three 450g tubs as I plan to stick to this diet if it kills me. I bought three different flavours and this one Slim Fast Chocolate is my favourite flavour as I have a very sweet tooth which is usually my downfall when it comes to me dieting.

The tubs are metal with a plastic lid that pops on and off for when you need to make your slimfast up for your meal. Inside the powder is chocolate coloured and you get a measuring scoop in the tub, the top of the tub has a peel back thin metal top with a ringpull to open it up, then you open it throw this thin metal top away and pop the plastic top in place for easy use.

The tin has lots of nutritional values on the sides and you get 230 calories per meal, you have two shakes which replace your breakfast and lunch and then a calorie controlled meal at dinnertime and this makes up the slimfast diet.
You can eat fruit in between the meals if you feel hungry and exercising will help you to lose more weight. So far I have lost four pounds which is not too bad and is coming off slowly, I have been told the slower you take the weight off the better it is for you to keep it off.

This is no miracle slimming cure and it takes willpower and stamina to stick to it as after a week on the milkshakes you get fed up of drinking them and have to keep telling yourself it's going to be worth it in the end. I have used this plan before and lost two stone in the past so I know that sticking to it can work. The older I get the harder it becomes to lose the weight but this slimming plan is the one I like.

The powder you get in the tin has to be measured into a jug then mixed with milk, I use skimmed milk for less calories and then you once you have whisked it up the consistancy gets a little thicker like a milk shake but not frothy. You need 250ml of skimmed milk per serving. The milkshake does taste of thick rich chocolate and is sweet so it suits my taste.
This is nice to drink in tne morning for breakfast as it's easy and quick to make. If your at work during the day you can buy a bottle of ready made milkshake to drink or make this at home and take it in to work with you. It just helps you to resist snaking during lunch if you have it there ready made to drink at lunch time.

Does it fill you up ? well I think it does and it keeps the hunger away for a few hours, but I find that if I am busy during the day using up calories with housework or working doing my deliveries then I find I become hungrier quicker and have to eat a banana or other piece of fruit to stop myself getting a bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps from the garage.
I find that when I go on a slimfast diet I tend not to buy snacks in my weekly shopping trips as having the tins at home you don't have to keep going to the supermarket for snacks and munchies to watch the television with. I buy my fruit and veg and tins of slimfast and thats all, so it has saved me a bit of money.

You get all the vitamins and minerals in the powder so there's all your daily recommended doses in the shake.
This is only a meal replacement and you cannot just have the shakes and nothing else to eat, you have to use it sensibly as a part of your diet for it to work properly. This is not suitable for small children either.

The minerals it has in it are :_
Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc, Iodine, Potassium, Copper, Selenium and Manganese.
These are what the body needs to function on a daily basis, so it has a good balance of minerals for you.
The Vitamins in the tin are:_
A, D, E, C, B6, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Niacin, Folic acid, B12, Biotin and Pantothenic.
Remember to drink lots of water during the day to keep you hydrated.

It is made by Unilever in the UK and you can contact them if you have any inquires at freepost ADM3940 London SW1A 1 YR

All in all this is a good diet if you can stick to it, I like the flavour so find it easy to stick to and you can have two slimfast shakes then a meal during the day adding the calories intake to 1000 calories per day, with this amount of calories per day you can lose weight slowly and surely.
The product may have traces of glutton, egg and celery so may not be suitable if you need a glutton free diet or are a vegan.

All in all this is a diet I have tried before and it has worked for me and it's a product I will be buying again.
Wish me luck on getting into my summer dresses.

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this review’s content

mozzie76 09.03.2012 09:12