Slimatee

Review of "Slimatee"

published 19/08/2010 | LadyStardust-X
Member since : 29/03/2009
Pro They actually work! Quick result
Cons The trip to the toilet
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"6lbs in 10 days :)"

Before I review this product I want to say that I am speaking from my own experiences and what works for me may not work for you.

Since I returned from my holidays in July ( where altogether I piled on a whopping 14lbs eek) Ive battled with trying to lose the extra weight :( Ive never been obese but i did gain a bit of a belly on my two holidays. I LOVE food and diets where you practically have to starve yourself are just a NO GO

My friend on the other hand is the biggest diet junkie you will ever come across so when I went crying to him about my new belly he was quick to throw out options. The one that stood out to me was diet tea. *Hmmm i love herbal tea... I need to diet.. Think we're onto a winner here* He explained that when he did the diet tea diet he ate whatever he wanted and lost 4lbs but the inscructions reccomend you have a healthy diet.

So I went to Holland and Barrett to find these babys. There are two types of tea, one for digestion and detox and the plain ones. My friend told me to get the plain ones which are in a green box and they come in boxes of 10 for around £2 and boxes of 20 for about £3. I got the box of 10 because i was a little bit skeptical and didnt want to invest in 20 if they were utter rubbish.

The box comes with instructions that say: one cup should be made by infusing a tea bag in boiling water for 5 minutes and drank in the night. I CANT STATE ENOUGH THAT ONE CUP PER DAY AND NO MORE SHOULD BE DRANK. I will get onto why in a moment.

Okay so i suppose your thinking how do they make you lose weight? Well basically these tea bags each contain Senna Leaf which is a natural laxative and the rest of the ingredient are pretty much to aid digestion. When you drink the tea it pushes out the fat in the food before it is absorbed by the body. Of course you have to get rid of it some how which unfortunately, is done via a trip to the toilet.

Ive found that its best to drink the tea at around 8pm and (sorry to be disgusting) but you will go to the toilet early in the morning. I wouldnt drink it after 9pm as you may need to take a trip to the bathroom in the middle of the day which can interfeer with your life. I did get a few stomach cramps within the first 3 days of taking the tea but stuck with it and it stopped by the 4th day. Dont try and drink one than more cup a day as I can imagine you will be running back and forth to the toilet and get major cramps.
They taste like your average herbal tea. Nothing special and a bit bland. But there not hard to drink and can be drank cold or with a bit honey to sweeten.

I have come to the end of my 10 tea bags and ive lost 6lbs :) horray! I You can notice a big difference in my stomach its a lot flatter and I did pretty much eat what i wanted but i did eat a lot more fruit and fibre. i am going to purchace another 10 bags I would like to lose a little bit more and the instructions say you can drink the tea for up to 2 weeks in a 2 month period.

I can happliy say losing the weight has given me the confidence to maintain my weight loss on my own by going to the gym and eating a lot better than I did.
They have also made me feel a lot less slugish and I would reccomend them to anyone who needs a kick start to their diet. Its defenity not a long time thing but does help.

Now the boring bit
Ingredients: Frangula Bark, Senna Leaf, Peppermint Leaf, Hibiscus Flower, Black Tea, Goldenrod herb, Mate tee

Energy value less than 50KJ per 100ml of tea made up as directed. This product can be taken as an aid to slimming or weight control, as part of a controlled diet. Intake of fresh fruits should be increased

Not to be taken if:
You are pregnant
under 16s
those suffering from intestinal problems

• fg4f published 20/08/2010
    It sounds interesting, but not sure if it is really healthy for everyone to have this as a diet option. I would worry about drinking it on a work night I would only do it if I had no commitments, I do not want any embarrassing moments when I need the toilet!
  • paulpry118 published 20/08/2010
    I'm going passed a Holland and Barratt tomorrow, I think I may have to make a detour
  • LAURALILIA published 19/08/2010
    Some good advice about when to drink this...