SlumberSac Sleeping Bags

SlumberSac Sleeping Bags

Nursery Bedding - Baby Sleeping Bag

Review of "SlumberSac Sleeping Bags"

published 18/03/2008 | zomak24u
Member since : 12/01/2006
Pro Helps baby sleep better
Cons It's like being in a bean bag, when a toddler wakes up it's tricky standing up
Choice of co-ordinates
Ease of cleaning

"Sleep tight"

My son hadn't slept throughout the night since we brought him home from the hospital, and that was more than a year ago. I have tried several sleep techniques- establishing a bed time routine by having a bath at night with bedtime wash and applying bedtime lotion, reading a book, winding down e.t.c but he would wake up at least twice during the night. He would often wake up because the room was too cold and he had kicked off the covers. I read a comment from a mother who wrote that sleeping bags could make a baby sleep better. Though I had read about them and seen a few in stores, I wasn't personally familiar with sleeping bags, no I knew had used them as a child nor used them on their children, so it was a novel concept to me. Despite that, I decided to give it a try.

The bag is designed to use a baby's body heat to keep him/her warm at night and even when it is hot, taking of a layer of clothing would keep a baby comfortable. Slumber Sac Baby Sleeping bags are sold in 2 tog ratings (how quickly the bag loses heat), 1 tog for warm temperatures, 2.5 tog for average to cool temperatures. The advantage of a 2.5 tog rated bag is that it can be used all year round. The Slumber Sac Baby Sleeping Bag is durable and can be used till a child is 3 years or is up to 112 cm in height.

Initially, I was a bit sceptical about it as I wasn't sure how a child's arms and hands could be kept warm since the bag is sleeveless. I have since discovered that as long as a child wears appropriate clothing for the room temperature, the body heat conserved by the bag keeps a child warm. I also observed that it restricts leg movement when my son wakes up and wants to stand in his cot.

However, the result........I've used it for a little more than two weeks now and my son does sleep better, and so do I!

• jeaniecz published 18/03/2008
    very nice review. this thing looks cute and I think even I would like to sleep in it ;)
  • carcraig published 18/03/2008
    I always used sleeping bags for our twins and they were great wee sleepers. I usually bought them from Asda or Tesco as they were much cheaper than the brand names. (And I sold them on Ebay once they grew out of them!) Our girls even mastered vaulting between the two cots wearing them!!! Good review, Caroline xx
  • mum2boys82 published 18/03/2008
    My boys have always used these and they are great, info about washing etc. would possibly get you higher ratings! Great start for a review though! Rebecca Xx