Smile

Smile

Review of "Smile"

published 28/08/2011 | ccccccccc
Member since : 28/08/2011
Pro They give me 25 Pounds when I complain.
Cons I don't want the money, I want good service. They don't give it.
Competitiveness of APR
Product package
Quality of Customer Service
Reward Scheme
Additional Charges

"I've never smiled since I first used them 6 years ago"

Every year I've had to complain about SMILE bank. I've transfer money every year abroad, sometimes more than once. I've reported them to the Financial Ombudsman a few times and receiving compensation. It's even come to them admitting their errors and paying compensation. This then stops me complaining to the FO and so reduces the statistics that indicate they are not as good as they want people to see them.
In 2009 they Emailed me blaming staff levels for their problems. 2 years later I'm still complaining about the same issues. It's not good enough.
This year I transferred 8,500 Pounds abroad it cost me 50% more, in fees, than it did last year when I transferred 17,000 Pounds. Due to my living overseas I'm not in a position where I can open a new UK bank account, otherwise I'd close my account.
They also claim to offer 24 banking. Just try to do an overseas transfer outside of office hours to see that claim isn't true. Contacting international transfers by phone when you live 6-8 hours ahead of UK time leaves a very small window to speak with them.
This is my opinion, and my wasn't influenced by anyone into writing it.

• angelboouk123 published 28/08/2011
    you don't have much luck with banks do you?
  • rosebud2001 published 28/08/2011
    I am sorry but you have already said almost exactly the same thing in your review for the Co-operative Bank (parent company of Smile).

Product Information : Smile