tue-s-day 4

tue-s-day

About me: "Life is what happens to you,while you are making plans" or something like that.

Member since:02.01.2008

Pleased I Snapped Snapfish Offer Up.

23.02.2008 (24.11.2009)

Advantages:
Great Offer For First Time Order .  Prompt Service .  Good Prices .

Disadvantages:
None I am Aware Of .

Speed of processing

1. JasonJRogers
  2. Cutecandy
  3. Ruby.xo
  1. sk0680

Someone suggested ordering my digital photos on line and Snapfish was one of the names that was mentioned to me. Lets be honest because of the catchy name Snapfish was the one I remembered. One of the things that clinched the idea of ordering the photos on line from them was that they offer this fantastic deal of the first 20 prints free. I thought that made the idea of trying them out financially almost risk free.

I am not that gifted at technical things, I get there in the end but sometimes through trial and error so it took me a while to figure out how to down load my photos into an album but once I had done that ordering the pictures was simple. Most people would find down loading the pictures to Snapfish simple, the length of time I took was down to me not the site.

I ordered the photos on Sunday and they arrived faster than I expected on Wednesday so that pleased me. You can pay to have them posted to you or can collect them from your local Jessops if you want to save money on postage. Delivery is aprox: 2-5 working days by post or 2 working days to pick up in Jessops store.

Postage charges are, standard shipping:
1-50 prints 99p
51-500 prints £1.48
more than 501 £1.99.

The photos can be ordered in gloss or matt finish I ordered gloss and liked the finish; they arrived with no streaks or printing marks to spoil them. You can pick from a selection of borders or no border and also a format especially for digital photos that is a slightly different size.

The price I paid for prints:
(the printing of your first 20 of 6x6 (100x 150 cm ) size photos free)
then 10p for each print of that size.
19p for 7x5 (125x 175 cm) size.
Other sizes are availabe see the site for prices.

Photo gifts are available: photo jigsaw puzzles, canvas prints, posters, photos mugs, and photo greetings cards and photo albums.

My photos were a mix of digital and scanned in old style photos that had been printed from negatives. They came out equally well in my opinion. I should add here my judgement is as an amatuer photographer/snapper who has more enthusiasm than skill. I think my prints have come back as good as anything I have ordered in stores in the past.

You are able to track the progress of your order online; it tells you how long to despatch and also keeps a record of your previous orders. As I had no problems I have not had to contact customer service so can not verify what their service is like.

There is also an oppurtunity to store you photos at the site in albums but I have not explored this feature yet. You also can edit your photos before you order them at the site; this is called fixing and enhancingand includes correcting colours and adding borders.

Overall I was satisfied with the service and the quality of the photos; but these comments are based on my first order. I will update this review as and when I use this site in future.

*2009.*Update since I wrote this review I have continued to be pleased with the photographs I have ordered from them. However on the one occasion I had to contact them the customer service was okay but I would not say it was brilliant.
By contacting them I was in fact doing them a favour but I got no acknowlegement of that.

JasonJRogers 23.03.2011 18:19

Great write-up!

Ruby.xo 05.12.2009 13:42

Great review x

obscuredbykep 04.12.2009 06:06

good review, might look at this site soon