Snooper S5 R

Member since : 07/04/2006
Satisfactory
Pro Easy to install
Cons Mistakes petrol stations for Gatsos

"Brake.....it's okay, it's only an Esso Garage"

I was fortunate (?) enough to have been given a new Snooper rather than having had to fork out nearly £200.

However, I found it to be incredibly frustrating because although it did forewarn of both gatso and mobile speed cameras it also mistook petrol stations for cameras as well.

I nearly became a paranoid, gibbering wreck, on any journey lasting more than 10 minutes when I could have thought that the whole of the Hampshire Constabulary traffic division were hunting me.

Please do not buy this item unless you frequently miss turnings for petrol stations.

Fortunately someone broke into my car and stole it after 6 weeks of ownership. I now have 3 points on my licence (courtesy of Bedford Constabulary - what is it with the A1?) and regularly nearly run out of fuel. I do not however need therapy after each outing to recover from the stress so eagerly induced by the Snooper S5-R.

I wonder why my father-in-law gave it away?

• costas1234 published 24/02/2008
    Great review, in terms of advice and opinion
  • anonymili published 16/04/2006
    Glad you don't need therapy :) Not something I'd be interested in purchasing or using!
  • Mastermind2006 published 11/04/2006
    A splendid, witty and informative review. Excellent.