Snozone at Xscape, Milton Keynes

Snozone at Xscape, Milton Keynes

Review of "Snozone at Xscape, Milton Keynes"

published 28/01/2011 | moviemad74
Member since : 28/01/2011
Pro Sorry, but there are none!
Cons Terrible customer service, chaotic organisation, lack of suitable equipment
Sightseeing
Shopping
Nightlife
Ease of getting around

"Appalling experience at Sno!Zone Milton Keynes"

Words cannot begin to express the appalling experience I had at the Sno!Zone in Milton Keynes when I visited recently. I booked a Sledging Package for my family using good ol' Texco vouchers - I wish I hadn't bothered! I have never experienced such bad organisation and poor customer service. I have awarded this venue one star above, only because I couldn't leave no stars! The place was very busy as it was a Saturday, but this is no excuse for the chaos that we witnessed.

We did not really know what the format for the acitivity was and nothing was explained when we booked in. They simply took our sizes for the trousers and jackets when we booked in at the desk on arrival.

The following is a list of the problems we encountered:
- When trying to get onto the snow, we were told we couldn't enter because we didn't have a ticket - no ticket was supplied when we booked in.
- I had to wait and then push in a queue to report the above problem.
- When I asked what would be done about the time we had missed on the snow because of their error, the manager (when he eventually arrived), offered us a session later in the day. This was not suitable because of a restaurant booking we had. He wouldn't offer a refund on the whole cost of the activity because I had used Tesco vouchers to pay for the majority of the activity. I could only get £19 (the cash I had topped up the voucher with) back from a £79 payment!
My husband took our kids onto the snow using the tickets we should've been issued with at the start while I tried to sort out the problems. They got 15 mins on the snow and there weren't even enough sledges to go round! Unbelieveable! If all of us had been on the snow we would've had to share 2 sledges between our group of 5 people.
At the end of the session, our package should've included a photo to record our wonderful experience (!). Nothing was offered by the two (teenage?) 'surfer dudes' who ran the session.

All in all, I couldn't get out of the place quick enough.

It's very disappointing because I had a great experience there a few years ago when I booked a snow boarding lesson with my friends. The centre had recently opened then and was considerably better run in those early days than it is now.

Product Information : Snozone at Xscape, Milton Keynes