milkymum 4

milkymum

About me: Home educating mum of 3. In my spare time I love doing web design.

Member since:08.11.2011

Snugglenaps are a great value cloth nappy.

27.02.2012

Advantages:
Good absorbency and excellent value for money .

Disadvantages:
Can take a long time to line dry .

How leak proof are they?

Absorption

Do they stay up?

Fit around legs

17 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. xmum2fourx
  2. Dalbx
  3. AnneLorraine1
  1. sandemp

I bought these nappies when my baby was born a year ago. I had a toddler not yet 2 who was still in nappies, so was looking for a good birth to potty nappy.

Snugglenaps are a birth to potty nappy, made of terry toweling. It separates into 2 pieces with the use of poppers, which are also used to change it's size. The separation of the nappy helps speed up the drying time. When clipped together, you just have to fold the attached insert, which gives it a total of 4 layers of absorbency. It is difficult to explain how to fold it here, but it is very easy to work out when you see the nappy. I'm certainly no nappy folding expert.

The nappy fit both my children well. It was a little on the large side for the baby, but I would think that is to be expected with a birth to potty nappy. My toddler, who is now 3, and potty trained in the day, still wears them at night, and it fits her very well and comfortably.

The nappy needs to be used with an inside liner, and an outer nappy wrap. I have found that most large sized wraps fit it, (you still have to use large if using the nappy at it's smallest) although you can buy wraps from Snugglenaps too. The fit around the legs is excellent and have no gaps. There is no need for an inside booster, although you can use one if you like, perhaps if you have a particular heavy wetter. Snugglenaps also sell extra boosters.

Absorbency is very good. I have never had a problem with leaks since I have got them, and they are good enough for nighttime use as well. A good leak-proof wrap is essential for this though.

Drying time has been a bit of a downside. If, like me, you don't have or use a dryer, you will want a quick drying nappy. In the summer they dry well outside, although you will want to get them in as soon as they dry as the sun can turn the toweling crispy and hard. In the winter they can take at least 2 days to dry inside. This hasn't been an awful problem for us, as I have a large collection of nappies. It may be a problem if you want to get by on minimal nappies though. Of course if you use a dryer it will not be a problem.

The nappy comes in the choice of pink or blue. I would have liked to have seen more choice of colours, particularly as I'm not a fan of 'pink = girl' and 'blue = boy'. A natural un-dyed one would have been nice too.

You also get a choice of the fastening to be Velcro or poppers. I chose Velcro, and have to say it is excellent and strong.

In a year the nappies are still in very good condition. I have used them for 2 children (at the same time) and I believe they would last through another if I were to have one.

I bought them at £5.50 each. The price may have gone up since then, but I believe this was excellent value. Especially considering similar nappies often cost more than twice the price.

Pictures of SnuggleNaps Shaped Nappy
SnuggleNaps Shaped Nappy This is my baby wearing the Snugglenaps cloth nappy.
Baby in nappy

chrisandmark_is_here 27.02.2012 10:07

Great review, and lovely to have such a cute baby piccie to munch over at this time in the morning! x