Review of "So...? Kiss me"

published 15/04/2011 | pink_champagne
Member since : 08/06/2003
Why don't photos seem to show up on my reviews any more?
Pro smells light and sweet, cheap, perfect for the teenage market
Cons doesn't last well
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"So...sweet and light!"

So...? Kiss me

So...? Kiss me

The So... range of fragrances are aimed at teenagers/young adults, and it is a range I remember wearing as a teenage girl myself, my favourite at the time being so...inspired. As far as I remember the bottle of So...kiss me I have was won in a competition - either that or I got it in a gift set. The fact I don't remember shows that this is one I have owned for a while, and I must admit it's not one I use very often - in fact I'd completely forgotten I had it.

The bottle of the perfume is short and square with a rounded pink and yellow lid. There are also larger bottles available now which are tall and taper outwards at the top. All of the fragrances made by So... come in identical bottles, with only the colour of the lid differing. It's a basic perfume bottle and not really special in any way, but fine for the young market which it is aimed at.

According to the so...website this is an award winning fragrance (which award it doesn't specify - for all we know it could be the 'worst perfume of the year' award!!) and it would be suitable for Kylie, Beyonce or Cameron Diaz! Another nod to the teen market there!

The top notes of the fragrance are blueberries, pineapple and citron. When I read that I thought that it sounded a terrible combination on paper. Thankfully when it's actually sprayed, I think it is surprisingly nice. The blueberry scent really comes out the most but there is a rather sharp tone to it which I think must be from the citron. As for pineapple, I can't really detect that one personally.

I find the fragrance settles on the skin very quickly, and the heart notes begin to reveal themselves. I believe there is only one heart note which is vanilla, and I must say this is the fragrance that comes out. It's incredibly sweet as you would expect vanilla to be, and it's a very soft and feminine scent. As it had been a while since I'd worn this scent I'd forgotten just how nice it is - light, sweet and very girly!

The base notes are a mix of 'musks and natural woods' apparently, and I find these will start to emerge after around 2-3 hours of wear. The vanilla still lingers slightly even at this point, just with a slightly woody undertone.

The strength of the perfume is just right, being neither too strong and overpowering nor so weak that it's not detectable as I can detect this very lightly on my skin when wearing it. The staying power of this particular fragrance is not really very good, but given the price and the market it's aimed at this didn't really surprise me. I'd say it lasts around 3-4 hours before needing a top up. You can get a matching body spray, so it may be worth trying to layer the fragrance with that to make it last longer.

Of course this product is aimed at teenagers, and I'd say this does smell a little young, but even I, at 26 don't really feel too old to wear it - although if anyone asked I'm not sure I'd admit what I was wearing! It's not something I'd choose to wear for evenings or special occasions, but as a light, sweet fragrance to wear throughout the day it's really surprisingly nice.

The 50ml size of this is currently available in Boots for just £5.08 which is a pocket money price really. It also comes in a 30ml and 100ml size and these are available on the so website costing £6 and £15 respectively. Visit www.sofragrance.com

Overall, I'd say this is quite a surprising fragrance. It is definitely aimed at the younger market and this is reflected in the light sweet smell. It's not the most special or exciting scent ever, but it's pleasant enough and fantastic for the market it's aimed at - and a brilliant price too!
  • Also posted on Dooyoo
  • Pic will be added soon