jimmychoo... 5

jimmychoogirl

About me: Thanks for all the reads, rates and comments! I'll always do my best to return :) x

Member since:31.10.2010

Arch de Triumph!

25.02.2011

Advantages:
easy to use, fits comfortably in my hand, adds definition

Disadvantages:
may not be suitable for lighter eyebrows

Ease of Application

Waterproof?

Does it irritate your eyes?

Price£8

QualityExcellent

9 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. daisyleex
  2. thecogitatingfigs
  3. paulpry118

I am a big fan of soap and glory so was very happy when I recieved many of their items for christmas. One of the items I recieved was the Arc deTriumph. I had wanted this for a while, but it does cost around £8 and for an eyebrow pencil I thought this was too much for me just to go out and buy one to try it, so was very happy to recieve it.

All soap and Glory products are exclusive to Boots. As I have said it costs around £8, though at christmas they did a set containing this item, along with the trick or treatment, some false lashes, sexy mother pucker and a make up bag. This set originally cost £20, so if you can get it in the half price sale at the moment for £10, then you are getting a much better deal than buying it on its own.

The Arch de Triumph is double ended, one end with the eyebrow pencil and the other with has the highlighter. There are clear lids on either end so you can detect which one you are using, though it is easy to tell this just be looking at. This is because the eyebrow pencil end has a brown colooured end and the highlighter has a pearly pink end.

I have naturally quite dark eyebrows, very close to black and to look at the eyebrow pencil just looks like a normal brown colour and that it wouldn't be dark enough. However, I was pleased to see that when used it did come out much darker than you would have expected it to, which may not be so good if you have naturally light eyebrows.
The eyebrow pencil itself is rounded off into a point, meaning it is easier to use for precision, whereas the highlighter has a much rounder, flatter surface for blending. They eyebrow pencil, at first, was a little difficult to use as it was very hard and didn't blend well with my eyebrows. I found that I had to keep going over my eyebrows in order to achieve a decent look, though, with daily use this became a lot easier to do. I think that the difficulty at first may have just been because it was new and after I used it once or twice it became softer and in such it became easier to blend and to use.

The highlighter was a very different story to the eyebrow pencil, it was extremley soft and came out very easily. As I have previously mentioned, this end was much larger and so covered a larger area than the eyebrow pencil, meaning I didn't have to keep going over it.
This was very creamy to use and on the skin looked a pearly white colour, just as you'd expect a highlighter to look. I did find that this did need blending a little though as it was very obvious and white underneath my eyebrow. I simply used a small make up brush in order to do this and this looks much better than if I had just left it.

Overall I was very pleased with the look, it had added definition to my eyebrows and highlighting the underneath of my eyebrow made my eyes look larger and more awake, as well as being able to frame the brow, which gave it a cleaner shape in order to fame my face.
The eyebrow pencil was dark, however it did match my eyebrows so in no way did it stand out and look ridiculous and in no way did it make my eyebrows look big and fat like ugly slugs! There is often a tester out in Boots for this, so I would test the colour of the eyebrow pencil first as I am pretty sure they only sell it in one colour and you'll be stuck with it if it doesn't match.

The Arch de Triumph itself is very comfortable to use and fits in my hand easily, I think this may be due to the fact that it is slightly fatter / bigger than other eyebrow pencils, meaning I had more control over what I was doing. The eyebrow pencil is also a littler shorter than some others, meaning that it should easily fit into most make up bags.

This item, should you buy it on its own, also comes with 'eyebrow templates' which are basically templates of different eyebrow shapes to show you how to achieve this / what shapes eyebrows you could have. I personally didn't use this as I am happy with the shape of my eyebrows, though this may be useful for those of you wou want to reshape or just start again with your eyebrows.

I will definitley continue to use this item as I really like the finished look, it is able to define my eyebrows and the highlighter definitley allows the shape of my eyebrows to look cleaner and shaper. This is something I would definitley reccomend, but I think it is most suited to those of you that have darker eyebrows as I think it would look to dark and out of place on lighter eyebrows.

This review is also on dooyoo under the same username.

« Previous review

paulpry118 26.02.2011 13:49

I haven't tried this but I might have to treat myself to this then next time S&G are on offer

moistbabe 25.02.2011 18:12

Sounds good, although pricey for an eyebrow pencil if bought on its own. The set sounds nice! Well reviewed x

Amy69 25.02.2011 17:17