Review of "Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean"

published 17/05/2015 | anwar
Member since : 30/04/2003
All reads gratefully received! If I miss you give me a shout! Thanks for the premium fund ciao!
Satisfactory
Pro lovely scent, nothing else for me!
Cons made my skin very dry
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"A dry experience for me.."

I am a big fan of the soap and Glory range and have tried most of the products in the range with positive results. My family and friends know how much I love the range and so it is no surprised that I receive soap and glory products as gifts. Last Christmas I was very happy to be given a beautifully gift wrapped selection of soap and glory products from a close friend. One of the items was a bottle of wash by the name of *peaches and clean*.

Peaches and clean.
*************************

The face wash comes in a plastic, pump action bottle. I really like this kind of dispenser and it is easy to use and dispenses the correct amount of face wash without any waste. The information on the bottle claims that this cleansing milk has a special * clogged pore formula with peach and gojuice extracts and oxyginseng technology*. I have no idea what any of this actually means! However the promise of clean skin that is also invigorated sounds good to me!

Soap and Glory say that this cleansing milk will not only melt away make up and grime, but will also remove water proof mascara. I have sensitive skin and am always very careful of any product I use around my eye area. However I did give it a try and was less than impressed at how well (badly) it dealt with mascara. On the positive side it didn't cause any irritation.

Soap and Glory recommend you use this cleansing milk twice a day; first thing in the morning and before bed. It is suggested you use two pumps and then massage the cleaning milk over your face and neck. As with most soap and glory products the scent is gorgeous. The milk itself has a silky feel and it does feel very pleasant on my face. It is easy to rinse away, but this is where the positives end for me.

My opinion.
******************

I used this product for a couple of weeks both in the morning and again before bed to remove my make up. At first I was pleased with the results and thought my skin felt clean and soft. However after a few weeks of use I started to notice that6 my skin was becoming very dry with flaky patches at the bridge of my nose. I always use a good moisturiser after cleansing and in the past my skin had not suffered in this way. Unfortunately I have had to stop using this cleansing and my skin has now improved.

I suspect that although soap and glory claim that this products is suitable for all skin types, it is really best suited for oily skin that is prone to blackheads. If you fancy trying it for yourself then it is available from Boots at £8 for a 250ml bottle. At present it is part of a 3 for 2 promotion.

• justarube published 03/09/2016