Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter

Cream / Treatment

Review of "Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter"

published 16/02/2009 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Great smell, moisture
Cons None
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?
How does it affect your skin?

"This butter is righteous man!"

I love body butters and I love the Soap and Glory range so it was only a matter of time before I tried their Righteous Body Butter.

Soap and Glory was created by Marcia Kilgore (who also created the Bliss range) back in 2006 so it hasn't been around for long but it sure has been a big hit. What I love about it is the quirky, funky packaging which to me is quite retro. It includes pictures of housewives from the 50's and 60's which give the range a very retro feel and also has a lot of tongue in cheek product names which make them really fun products in my opinion. I like the fact that on their website they put the phrase, "We believe that you shouldn't have to spend an arm and a leg just to moisturise one (or the other, or both)

You can find the range for sale at Boots and Harvey Nichols. I always tend to buy the products from Boots as they always have a great selection of products in my opinion and I can also collect points, a double bargain.

I bought the Body Butter in a 300ml tub and paid £9.79 for it. I like to buy the bigger tub because it makes it easier for the lotion to come out and also lasts a bit longer too. The butter is described as, " a body moisturising formula so virtuous you might swear you're wearing velvet." I did find that after putting it on my skin, my skin did have a velvety feel to it so I guess it really does do what it says on the tub. The lotion itself is a very light pink colour and has quite a rich, thick, buttery consistency to it.

They also say on the tub that you will get sinfully soft skin with this original formula butter. It contains shea butter which has a high level of antioxidant vitamins such as A, E and F which help to protect and nourish the skin. It also contains aloe vera which has soothing, moisturising and healing properties. They actually classify this lotion as their very dry formula so it does work for really dry skin. The instructions for use are really easy, you basically apply it to damp skin so it sinks in easily. I like to apply it after having a shower.

The smell is a very pleasant one, it contains lemon balm and mallow extracts. To me, it doesn't really have a fruity smell, it is more like a sweet smelling lotion like candy floss. The nice thing about this body wash too is that the smell stays on your skin for quite a while afterwards too keeping you fresh all throughout the day. After my bath I like to use their body lotions as well on my skin to layer the fragrance in.

If you want to find out more on all the products they have then visit their website at www.soapandglorycosmetics.com.

• SweetTooth93 published 16/02/2009
    I would love a butter that smelt of candy floss...sounds gr8 xx
  • Bollinger28 published 16/02/2009
    I've not tried anything from this range yet - but I've seen them in Boots so I shall have a good browse next time I'm in town. Lexy
  • arnoldhenryrufus published 16/02/2009