Song Review (A Greatest Hits Collection) - Stevie Wonder

Song Review (A Greatest Hits Collection) - Stevie Wonder

1 CD(s) - R&B - Label: PolyGram - Distributor: Universal Music - Released: 10/08/1998 - 731453075726

Review of "Song Review (A Greatest Hits Collection) - Stevie Wonder"

published 24/05/2013 | muffin11
Member since : 27/02/2013
Pro Great songs
Cons None
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Song review"

Stevie Wonder is definitely the greatest and its fitting then that he should have such a great Greatest Hits Collection. This album is entitled Stevie Wonder - Song Review and was released in 1996 by Motown Records. However, I have the 1998 re-edition which is just one CD instead of two so it differs slightly from the 2 CD album obviously but for me it still has all my favourite songs on it.

I grew up listening to Stevie, my mum and dad were big fans so we always were listening to one of his records (yes, they didn't have CD's back then) and so I've loved him ever since then really. I was lucky enough to see Stevie Wonder in concert a few years ago where he sang most of these classics and to see him perform them in person was amazing.

The track listings are as follows:

"Isn't She Lovely"
"I Just Called to Say I Love You"
"Superstition"
"Sir Duke"
"Master Blaster (Jammin')"
"Ebony and Ivory"
"Happy Birthday"
"Living for the City"
"He's Misstra Know It All"
"You Are the Sunshine of My Life"
"Lately"
"Part-Time Lover"
"My Cherie Amour"
"Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday"
"Uptight (Everything's Alright)"
"I Was Made to Love Her"
"For Once in My Life"
"Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)"
"For Your Love"
"Kiss Lonely Goodbye"
"Redemption Song"

Track 1 has to be one of my favourite songs. Isn't she lovely was actually written about his new born daughter who in the song he describes as beautiful and precious, such a lovely sentiment from a father to his daughter and I love singing this one to my little girl too.

Track number 7, Happy Birthday is always the song I play for people when its their birthday, tacky I know but I usually turn it on and play it down the phone to my brother who loves this song too. It's actually a song about Martin Luther King but hey, the Happy Birthday words are there so I'm going to use them.

A must have for all Stevie Wonder fans!

• Essexgirl2006 published 25/05/2013