Sony CDPCE405

Sony CDPCE405

Multi CD Player - not Shock-Proof - without Built-In Radio

Review of "Sony CDPCE405"

published 23/01/2005 | tokenboy
Member since : 17/01/2005
Pro Sony
Cons Old now, and probably discontinued.
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Look & Design
Instructions
Range of Features

"Sony CDP CE 405"

Another great Sony separate at a really good price when I bought it. I paid £125 in the Sony Centre sale about 7 years ago. I had been looking for a multi disc player, because basically I am a lazy sod. I like to have several discs in the CD player so that I can choose between them without having to get up and change discs. This model is a five disc changer, and in my opinion a good one at that.

My one came in black and to be honest I don’t know if it was available in silver. I severely doubt that this model is still in production as it was in the sale when I bought it 7 years ago. It has served me well over the years and has never required any after sales care or servicing. The only disappointment for me is that the display lights are not as clear as they once were, but I suppose you could say that that is only to be expected.

The player has the basic functions and features that you would expect and also a few that maybe you wouldn’t expect. It has a programmable memory which I found easy to use, you have a music scan feature which enables you to listen to the first 10 seconds of every song and has an exchange function whereby you can change discs while one is actually playing. The random play is selectable between one disc and all five so it’s your choice how many songs are random played. There is also a disc check option, which allows you to listen to the first 10 seconds of the first song on each disc.

The unit itself is just as you would expect from Sony. Built to last, it looks great and still keeps on ticking after all these years.

• Puurfect published 11/04/2005
    As shown by the comments by other ciao members and not just myself people are confused and all expected more from this vague and rather pointless review. This is nowhere near the standard set by other users and you need to take more time on this in future....disgraceful.
  • shivs published 13/02/2005
    ok review
  • Nar published 23/01/2005
    Yes you are completely correct - I didnt see the word "separate" Still for a CD player that has interchangeable functions for £125-00 I would expect a bit more feature. you say for example that there is display lights on this, but nothing more. Is there an LCD screen for example, and what about any other feature? Ive also just read Sirq0508's comments - by all means if you are happy with your ratings from other members on here, then by all means leave the review alone. Id personally update it with just about all the features it has and inform the reader on how to use it fully.