Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70

Review of "Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70"

published 11/02/2009 | swarnica
Member since : 14/12/2008
Pro sleek, great looks, light weight, great hd picture quality, great movie experience, easy functions
Cons none that I figured yet
Picture Quality
Range & Quality of Features
Ease of Use
Reliability

"Sony Cybershot DSC-T70 is awesome!!"

Alright, I bought this camera, somewhat 3 days ago and I am very happy with my decision of going for Sony Cybershot. First of all I needed a sleek camera with powerfull lens and nice zoom feature, since I had a nice 40" lcd, I wanted to have my camera a full HD support. Now voilla, this camera has all features and it is a great buy for me.
Few of my mate suggested me to go for Canon and at one point I started to think over it. I saw canon and then compared the two cameras for the same price.
T70 had smile shutter like canon, a nice 10MP lens like canon, face detection like canon, easy operation like canon. Then you must think that I should have gone for canon because afterall canon is only devoted for this photo things, like making cameras and handycam and all that stuff. But tell you what, I focussed on other things too. I wanted a nice battery life in my camera, canon didn't had that in that specific nice range of $335, it had 2AA cell thing. I didn't like this, then i already said that I wanted a sleek camera, and I couldn't see any sleek one in canon range which I easily found in Sony.
So there goes it. That is why I chose Sony and not canon. Now, I am very happy with it. The picture quality is awesome and it has 4X optical zoom with 8X Precision Zoom and that is great. The pictures are clear down to the hair and just feel great. There are several option to take any picture nicely, there are landscape, macro, beach, underwater etc.
Then there is well known smile shutter. I made real fun for it. I put that camera on one corner of the room with all set on auto and I just pressed the smile icon on the great 3" lcd with touch sensitive panel. Then me and my friends just went in the mood and laughed and giggled and made fun of each other. And then when I checked my camera, there were very lovely and precious photos of my friends and me with no artificial smile. It was all so real that I felt my heart beat with pleasure. It may sound ridiculous to you but it mattered alot to me.
Then I love its sleekness and beauty, I can put it in my pocked like my mobile without feeling any weight or something.
The movie captured by this camera are awesome and I know that I would never need a handy cam again, because guys I am not a professional, just a hobby photographer and this T70 has really paid me off.
I think that if you require the same things as I do, like sleekness, great picture, great looks, movie, real smiles then choose Sony Cybershot and think twice if you are going for Canon.

• philwalsham published 24/03/2009
    Nice review, although I think you may need to break up your content with some headings or sections. Happy to advise you further.

Product Information : Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70

The Sony Cybershot T70 complements exquisite HD imaging quality with exciting innovations like the new `Smile Shutter' mode for happy faces when you're shooting family and friends as well as a clear, wide extra large touchscreen.

Product type: Digital Camera, Digital camera - compact

Optical Sensor / Optical Sensor Type: Super HAD CCD

Lens System / Min Focal Length: 0.00633

Camera Flash / Type: Built-in Flash

Manufacturer: Sony

Product Description: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 - digital camera, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70S - digital camera, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70B - digital camera, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70HDPR - digital camera, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70P - digital camera, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70W - digital camera

Colour: Pink, Silver, Black, White

AV Interfaces: Composite video/audio

Camera Flash: Built-in flash

Sensor Resolution: 8.1 Megapixel

Lens System: Carl Zeiss 3 x zoom lens, Carl Zeiss 3 x zoom lens - 6.33 - 19 mm - f/3.5-4.3

Focus Adjustment: Automatic, manual

Display: LCD display - 3"

Supported Battery: 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 680 mAh ( included )

Image Stabiliser: Optical (Super Steady Shot)

Dimensions (WxDxH): 9 cm x 2.1 cm x 5.7 cm

Exposure Modes: Programme, automatic

Exposure Compensation: ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps

Min Shutter Speed: 1 sec

Max Shutter Speed: 1/1000 sec

White Balance Presets: Incandescent, cloudy, Flash, daylight, fluorescent light (cool white), fluorescent light (daylight), fluorescent light (warm white)

Special Effects: Black & White, Sepia, Neutral, Vivid

Shooting Programs: Landscape, hi-speed shutter, twilight portrait, fireworks, soft snap, twilight mode, beach, snow, high sensitivity

Exposure Metering: Multi-segment, centre-weighted, spot

Light Sensitivity: ISO 100, ISO 800, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO 80, ISO 1600, ISO 3200, ISO auto

System Requirements for PC Connection

Peripheral Devices: USB port, CD-ROM Drive

Operating System Support: MS Windows ME, Apple Mac OS 9.2, Apple Mac OS 9.1, MS Windows Vista, MS Windows 2000 Professional, Apple Mac OS X 10.1 - 10.4, MS Windows XP Home Edition, MS Windows XP Professional

Software

Resolution: 230,000 pixels

Lens System

Focus Adjustment: Automatic, manual

Zoom Adjustment: Motorised drive

Type: Carl Zeiss 3 x zoom lens, Carl Zeiss 3 x zoom lens - 6.33 - 19 mm - f/3.5-4.3

Min Focus Distance: 50 cm

Features: Aspherical lens

Macro Focus Range: 1cm

Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera: 38 - 114mm

Lens Construction: 9 groups / 11 elements

Memory / Storage

Supported Memory Cards: Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo

Image Storage: JPEG 3264 x 2448 ¦ JPEG 2592 x 1944 ¦ JPEG 2048 x 1536 ¦ JPEG 3264 x 2176 ¦ JPEG 1920 x 1080 ¦ JPEG 640 x 480

RAM Installed: 31 MB

Video Capture: MPEG - 640 x 480 - 30 fps ¦ MPEG - 640 x 480 - 16.6 fps ¦ MPEG - 160 x 112 - 8 fps

Camera Flash

Camera Flash: Built-in flash

Flash Modes: Fill-in mode, slow synchro, auto mode, flash OFF mode, red-eye reduction

Effective Flash Range: 0.1 m - 3 m

Features: AF illuminator

General

AV Interfaces: Composite video/audio

Optical Zoom: 3 x

Enclosure Colour: Pink, Silver, Black, White

Product Type: Digital camera - compact

MPN: DSCT70/P, DSCT70S.CEE9, DSCT70B.CEE8, DSCT70B.CEH, DSCT70HDPR.CEH, DSCT70S.CEH, DSCT70B.CEE9, DSCT70P.CEE8, DSCT70S.CEE8, DSCT70W.CEH, DSCT70S, DSCT70/W

Digital Zoom: 6 x, 2 x

Effective Sensor Resolution: 8,100,000 pixels

Sensor Resolution: 8.1 Megapixel

Image Recording Format: JPEG

Digital Video Format: MPEG VX

Auto Focus Points (Zones) Qty: 9

Auto Focus: TTL contrast detection

Image Stabiliser: Optical (Super Steady Shot)

Optical Sensor Size: 1/2.5"

Total Pixels: 8,300,000 pixels

Height: 5.7 cm

Depth: 2.1 cm

Width: 9 cm

Battery

Details: 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 680 mAh ( included )

Additional Features

Self Timer Delay: 10 sec, 2sec

Additional Features: Audio recording, direct print, USB 2.0 compatibility, touch-screen control, auto power save, digital noise reduction, DPOF support, digital image rotation, PRINT Image Matching, PictBridge support, histogram display, in-camera red-eye removal, blur warning

Listed on Ciao since: 16/09/2007