Sony Ericsson HCB-100 Bluetooth Car Speakerphone

Sony Ericsson HCB-100 Bluetooth Car Speakerphone

Review of "Sony Ericsson HCB-100 Bluetooth Car Speakerphone"

published 28/02/2007 | allyoxley
Member since : 27/02/2006
doesn't this lovely weather put you in a brilliant mood
Pro Hands-free, great reception
Cons none
Sound & Volume
Durability & Robustness

"SPEAK SAFELY AS YOU DRIVE"

I am not a mega mobile phone user, but at the same time the mobile phone has become a major part in our lives.

I decided that I had to buy a hands free system for my car, as I was fed up with ignoring the phone whilst I was driving, and having two small children and two elderly parents, you never know just how important that ignored phone call is.

After a bit of web searching I came across this hands free car speakerphone, priced at £51.00 inc delivery it was within my price range, and it seemed to be exactly what I personally looking for.

This unit is compatiable with all Sony Ericsson blue-tooth phones as well as hundreds of other blue-tooth models including Motorola, Nokia, Siemens, Vodaphone, T-Mobile to name just a few, it really is an all-rounder.

The unit itself is very petite, measuring only 88x76x21mm, the box itself is silver and the speaker itself is covered in a fabric grid. It is very lightweight and very portable making it not only useful in the car but also to take indoors or to the office, where it can be used also.

The unit is very easy to use and has very clear buttons which include Answer, Reject, Battery Status and Mute/Pair making it very easy to control whilst driving without taking your attention off the road. It comes with a processing DSP which means it has digital noise cancellation and echo reduction which makes talking/listening is loud and clear, something which I know is a problem on some other in-car units.

The unit is easily attached to the visor of your car, and on receiving your unit, it does come with the relevant clip for this as well as a CLA-60 In-Car Charger. Mains chargers are available for £4.95, but I am able to use my Mobile Phone Charger for this which makes the cost even better.

With over 20 hours talk time and 200 hours standby time, this unit is brilliant for long journeys or for short break holidays making it even more great value.

I hve had my speakerphone for over two weeks now and can honestly say I have not experienced any problems with the unit, people receiving calls from me using it say that I come over crystal clear and vice versa, when receiving calls the call comes over the same. I have found no interference or echoing when using this unit and I must say I am really impressed with it. Not only did it not break the bank, but it has given me more freedom and better piece of mind whilst driving. I have also found it good indoors, I link it up in my kitchen whilst preparing meals, and if I receive a call on it, I just put it on speakerphone and continue doing what I was doing without having to pick the phone up, brilliant.

I would totally recommend this to anybody thinking about buying one of these units, especially now with the new law of 3 points and a on the spot £60 fine in force, for a small price it makes driving safer, making it safer for those around you and means that you are constantly driving paying full attention, whats £50 to ensure that.

• ice_pink published 09/03/2007
    This sounds good x
  • TheCoopster published 02/03/2007
    Nice Review - just the sort of info I was looking for before taking the plunge
  • astrababe published 28/02/2007
    Good review. These will be very useful with the new mobile phone laws.