Sony Ericsson W350i Walkman

Review of "Sony Ericsson W350i Walkman"

published 27/06/2010 | Ruby.xo
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro see review
Cons see review
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"Longest I have ever managed to keep a phone without breaking it!"

Sony Ericsson W350i Walkman

I have had this mobile phone for just over a year now. I have it in a cute light pink colour that I think is very girly and I really like the way it looks. The reason I bought this phone in the first place is because I was looking for a phone last year that wasn't too complicated to use, can store lots of music on and wasn't too expensive to buy in the first place. I got this on pay as you go instead of contract because I didn't feel I knew enough about what contract was at the time to sign myself up for it, also I wasn't earning a regular wage so could only top up when I had the money. I have the phone on 02 as this is the network I get most signal on where I live and in my area.

I bought this from a shop that sells second hand as well as new mobile phones at cheaper prices than you would find in the proper places like Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4 U. The phone only cost me £40, with the charger and headphones included. I thought this was a fantastic bargain at the time, and it probably costs even less now as that was over a year ago and prices do go down after time.

The picture shows what the front of the phone looks like. It looks a bit like an ipod, I think, which is great for me as I don't have an ipod but do like the idea of one. I like the fact that you can put loads of music on this phone, plug in your headphones and then listen to it as if it is an ipod.
The trouble is that if you do want to put loads of music on this then you will need a memory card for it. When I first bought this I thought there would be loads of space on this already but without a memory card you can't really fit many songs in it. So I would recommend getting a memory card if you want this just for the music. A memory card for this would probably cost you around £10-£15 and can be bought from most phone shops, and online shops, such as eBay.

The phone has got bluetooth, a camera, internet - I can get on facebook and google on this phone whenever I want to which is great. I can listen to the radio using this - but if I do I need to plug in the headphones as they are used as an ariel for it. There were a few games on this when I bought it - a sort of musical tetris game, a game that is a bit like guitar hero and a snowboarding game. I think these games came free with the phone but I'm not sure.
I find the keyboard very easy to use and text on, some phones you get nowadays can be really complicated and confusing, especially touchscreens which I hate. This one is simple but still looks good, well it does in my opinion anyway.

This phone doesn't have video camera on which is a bit of a disappointment as most phones do. But it still has camera, with effects such as black and white, negative etc. And it has all the basic things that you will actually need such as messaging SMS, MMS, and email although I have never actually used this phone to email anyone.
It has bluetooth as well and these are all the things I would really want from a phone. Plus it has good battery time which is always a good thing. For £40 this is really a bargain.

I do have one complaint: the front part has snapped off, this is the part that makes it look like an ipod. I was flicking the phone around by it ages ago and beware as it snapped straight off so let that be a lesson to anyone thinking about buying this phone if you do get it!
Apart from this, all factors taken into consideration this is a great phone, which I have had over a year and will continue to have until it breaks even more. It was a bargain and I recommend it.

• paulpry118 published 02/07/2010
    Sounds a bit too complicated for me
  • Amazingwoo published 02/07/2010
    What's the call quality like - is it clear or do you sound all Darlek-y? Other than that, sounds like a good back-up phone to have just incase you lose/break the pricey one.
  • hillhead published 30/06/2010
    Sounds good for the price of it.

Product Information : Sony Ericsson W350i Walkman

You'll draw admiring glances when you take the W350 out of your pocket or bag. It is sleek enough to fit comfortably with no bulges into your pocket or purse. Its unique flip covers the keypad for a minimalist look. The phone is a classy yet modern statement that is never out of place whether at a music gig or a football match. The W350's Walkman player can easily be accessed and operated even without opening its flip cover. With Walkman on top, key MP3 functions including Play, Pause and Scroll are outside the phone's flip cover so you can use it just like you would a standalone MP3 player. The W350 makes it straightforward to transfer music onto your phone. Whether your favorite tracks are on a CD or on your computer, all you need to do with the phone's intuitive Media Manager software is drag your tracks from your computer onto your phone via a USB cable. You can store up to 470 tracks or 40 entire albums and, once your music is onto your phone, it's also easy to navigate around it with the Walkman player. You're at the bar, and a song plays that you used to love... but you just can't place it! Sounds familiar? Thanks to TrackID, it need never happen again. Just record a few seconds of the song into the phone's microphone (or tag it from the built-in radio) and use TrackID to identify it. The phone provides you with the name of the song, the artist, and even the album so that you can download it and enjoy it again and again. You don't need to hold the phone in your hand to get the best out of the W350. With the Bluetooth headset, you can stream the music on your phone wirelessly to your ears! Your phone can be in your bag and you can still listen to the music, see which song is playing and take calls.

Product Description: Sony Ericsson W350i Walkman - ice blue - GSM - mobile phone, Sony Ericsson W350i Walkman - electric black - GSM - mobile phone, Sony Ericsson W350i Walkman - graphic white - GSM - mobile phone, Sony Ericsson W350i Walkman - turbo red - GSM - mobile phone, Sony Ericsson W350i Walkman - GSM - mobile phone, Sony Ericsson W350i Walkman - soft pink - GSM - mobile phone

Product Type: Mobile phone

Service Provider: Not specified

Form Factor: Bar

Dimensions (WxDxH): 43 mm x 11 mm x 104 mm

Weight: 80 g

Colour: Ice blue, Electric black, Graphic white, Turbo red, Soft pink

Technology: GSM

Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband)

Integrated Components: Digital camera, digital player

Phone Design: Flip

Bundled with: Sony Ericsson MPS-30 Portable Speaker

Wireless Interface: Bluetooth

General

MPN: 1207-0597, 1207-8844, 1207-8845, 1207-8843, 1216-7680, 1207-0596, 1216-7678, W350i, 1207-0591, 1207-0590, W350 - Pink

Product Type: Mobile phone

Body Colour: Ice blue, Electric black, Graphic white, Turbo red, Soft pink

Bundled with: Sony Ericsson MPS-30 Portable Speaker

Cellular

Technology: GSM

Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband)

Service Provider: Not specified

Software Platforms Supported: Java

Messaging & Internet

Cellular Messaging Services: MMS, SMS

WAP Protocol Supported: WAP 2.0

Messaging & Data Features: XHTML Browser, RSS feeds, mobile blog

Communications

Data Transmission: GPRS, EDGE

Bluetooth Profiles: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)

Communication Features: Mobile Email client, Internet browser

Wireless Interface: Bluetooth

Phone Features

Phone Functions: Speakerphone, call timer, conference call, vibrating alert

Polyphonic Ringer: Yes

Organiser

Personal Information Management: Calendar, synchronization with PC, calculator, reminder, countdown timer, alarm clock

Media Player