Sony RCD-W 100

Sony RCD-W 100

Review of "Sony RCD-W 100"

published 25/05/2007 | packerlist
Member since : 22/12/2006
Pro NICE FUNCTIONS AND DOES NOT CONFUSE WHEN IN USE.
Cons LACKS SOME VITAL FEATURES LIKE THE SHOCK PROOF.
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Look & Design
Instructions
Range of Features

"THE SONY RCD PLAYER."

Purchased this product since early 2006, but had a lot of things to go about oops I remember, I joined of recent so I wouldn’t have done so.

This product I think is a more vigorous machine than some of the DVD players. I got surprised when I saw that it has not been rated since it was introduced in the ciao consumer community.

I will recommend this product to those that prefer portable players. This is a very good and fantastic product but one thing with it is this, it is even costlier than many DVD and other machines, the recommendation of this I think wont be that accepted by many readers and added that this is not even a video featured machine because majority of users prefer the use of DVD for both sound and picture, but I have to make this review a helpful one for potential buyers.

Probably, most might not accept this do to it does not have enough techies too for a playing machine. In my own case, I like it for the multi CD player and with the comfortable mp3 playback feature. Well I will say that I prefer this do to its less sensitive nature unlike most of the DVDs that are too sensitive and not that user-friendly in terms of ease of use.

Hardly develops fault on its own. I have a DVD machine that I even bought of recent but some times, gets faulty on hits own.

Note this, most of these CD players does not even come with in built radios so should note that on time to avoid disappointment.

This on the other hand produces fantastic sounds especially with all the HD ready televisions that have beautiful loud speakers. In my own case, I have one Sony HD ready TV so I am very comfortable with this particular player. I see this serving quite long for me.

Well the manufacturers decided not to put in shockproof may be, it is not like the portable players that are meant to be taken around may be they put these things into considerations but still comfortable with that.

I still tip Sony my best electronic manufactures do to how their product is being built, in terms of product vigorousness and ease of use that is user friendly. Sony to me gave electronics its innovative features and on the other hand, the oldest in electronic productions.

Have a lot of Sony RCD products similar to this but I still take this one the product of my choice.
When connected to a superior speaker, that is when you will get the real sound quality.

Lets take a look at the product features:

It has a nice CD recorder with mp3 play back.

Multi CD player is also available.

MY THOUGHT.
I will say that its main specs are very limited although it has an MP3 play back feature that really qualifies most CD players to be of quality products. I will say that the price really does not worth the product really because for some RCD players to be cheaper I also expects this to be like that but I think that the name Sony made it so and for some thing that I bought for more than a hundred pounds still cost. On the other side, the absence of shock proof in it makes a lot of disruptions when shaken at all. I expected an inbuilt radio but since it is not present, I have to get along with it.

Apart form these small faults; I still recommend this product fully to potential buyers.

Bye.

Product Information : Sony RCD-W 100

Sony's worldwide reputation for creating unique, attractive, high-quality, advanced technology products rests on a long line of innovations embraced by people from all walks of life. With a diverse product lineup serving a variety of lifestyles and industries, Sony continuously strives to introduce new products and technologies to meet changing market needs.

MPN: RCDW100SJ.CEK, RCDW100SJ, RCD-W100B, RCDW100B.CEK

EAN: 4905524311389, 4905524311396, 4686545413152, 4901780828241, 4901780828258, 4901780831630

Manufacturer: Sony

CD System: CD player / CD recorder - 4x, CD / MP3 player / CD recorder - 4x

Display: Fluorescent

Remote Control: Remote control - infrared

Dimensions (WxDxH): 43 cm x 36.8 cm x 10.8 cm, 43 cm x 39.9 cm x 10.8 cm

Product Description: Sony RCD-W100/B - CD player / CD recorder, Sony RCD-W100/S - CD player / CD recorder

Product Type: CD player / CD recorder

Weight: 4.6 kg, 6 kg

Connections

Connector Type: 1 x headphones ( phone stereo 6.3 mm ) - front ¦ 1 x SPDIF input ( TOS Link ) - rear ¦ 1 x audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2 ) - rear ¦ 1 x audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 ) - rear

Remote Control

Max Recording Speed: 4x

Media Load Type: Tray

Device Type: CD recorder

Features: CD Text capable

Playback Modes: Programme play, random play / shuffle, all tracks repeat, one track repeat

CD Recorder Media: CD-R, CD-RW

Edit Functions: Track marking, erase track, erase all tracks

CD System

CD Track Programming: Yes (25 tracks)

Media Load Type: Tray