Sony Vaio VGN-NW20EF/S

Sony Vaio VGN-NW20EF/S

Screen Size: 15.5 in - Intel Pentium Dual Core - HDD: 320 - Windows 7 Home Premium

Review of "Sony Vaio VGN-NW20EF/S"

published 13/03/2010 | Izadi
Member since : 13/03/2010
Pro Looks great, Easy to set-up and use.
Cons Customer care needs improvement, Finger pad sticks.
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"EXCELLENT LAPTOP SHAME ABOUT THE CUSTOMER CARE"

I have to start by admitting that this laptop was not my 1st choice, but now I love it.

This is my main pc as home and I use it mainly for downloading music/movies/pictures, browsing the internet, shopping and networking. For me it runs like a dream, fast downloads, easy to navigate and simple to use. The only irritating thing I have discovered with this laptop is the keypad. It's fine if you are using for short periods of time only, but if I have been using for a while it starts to stick. Not a major problem, but irritating if you are in the middle of something.

I originally ordered a differnet laptop from Sony, but because of a website error they could not fulfil the order. However I did not discover this until after I had taken the day off work and spent the day eagerly awaiting it's arrival. When it did not turn up I contacted Sony to chase delivery, I was initially told it was out of stock and given another dispatch date. After another no show, I was finally informed of the error. It took a week of phone calls to head office before I could finally get a decent alternative, but I had to pay additional money instore and then chase compensation from the Sony head office.

In my opinion this is a brilliant laptop, but don't expect brilliant customer service.