Speedo Senior Plain Moulded Silicone Swimming Cap

Speedo Senior Plain Moulded Silicone Swimming Cap

Seamed 100 percent silicone cap. Superb comfort and fit.

Review of "Speedo Senior Plain Moulded Silicone Swimming Cap"

published 28/07/2010 | D_i_a_n_e
Member since : 15/08/2009
Pro keeps your hair organised
Cons none
Price
Style

"Cool silicone swimming cap"

Just to convince you that a swimming cap can be sexy... :D

Just to convince you that a swimming cap can be sexy... :D

My swimming cap is the penult piece of my swimming equipment so one more review on my swimming stuff and finished. When I reviewed my goggles I wrote already that Speedo originates from Australia however their headquarters are in Nottingham now. Speedo specialised in manufacturing swimwear and swimming accessories both for competitive and recreational swimming. I think their products are really good and I often choose from their range.

Why should you wear a swimming cap?
---------------------------------------------------------
As you may remember I am a recreational swimmer however I spend quite a lot of time in the swimming pool. I really love swimming however there are a few things that annoy me. The most annoying thing is when someone’s hair sticks to my face or my hands. I hate them and I find it disgusting. It is so easy to prevent: wear a swimming cap.
The swimming caps can be made of the same material as your swimming suit but there are latex and silicone swimming caps as well. The latest two originally were made to keep your hair dry while swimming however I always end up with wet hair. I don’t mind because I wash my hair after swimming anyway.
The other benefit of swimming caps is that keeps your hair organised. However I wear them all the time I go out swimming last time at the baby swimming class we went under the water with our babies and I found it uncomfortable when my hair came into my eyes. I didn’t know in advance that we go under the water…
The last benefit I can think of is the protection of your hair. Probably you realised that the water in the pool contains loads of chlorine in order to prevent infections so the water dries your hair if you swim without cap for a longer time. Usually I swim an hour or so several times a week but I wear swimming cap so I protect my hair.
The competitive swimmers have the advantage of hydrodynamic shape of their head but in case of recreational swimmers it is not as important I think.

Material
-------------
My cap is made of silicone. I tried the other two varieties too and I found this one the most suitable for me. Its material is like the silicone baking forms: soft but very strong. It is not easy to put them on but after a few times you will find the right technique. My hair is about an inch longer than on my photo so I can put all my hair comfortably under the cap.
You don’t have to clean the cap in the washing machine just rinse off the pool’s water from it and let it dry.

Design, price
-------------------
My swimming cap is white and slightly pearly. There is a black Speedo logo on it which is about 2 inch large. I wanted to buy a black one originally but it wasn’t available so I took this white one. I am absolutely content with it. I can’t recall when I bought it, it seems to me that I have it from the very beginning. The swimming caps are available in loads of colours and there are printed caps as well. You can take a look at the varieties at the Speedo shop online or on Amazon. The caps are available for 5-7 pounds so I think they are not too expensive regarding all the benefits they have. I think these swimming caps last until you loose them.

Personal experience
--------------------------------
I cannot imagine swimming without a swimming cap. In Hungary it is compulsory wearing them in the pool. As I saw in our local swimming pool you can decide weather to wear it or not. I think it is acceptable if a man with short hear doesn’t wear a swimming cap as it makes no real difference. I am annoyed when I see the gym bunnies in the water with their perfect hair-do and makeup. Sorry if I hurt you but I can take sports only seriously.

I find it quite uncomfortable to put on the swimming cap as my hair is always pulled when I put them on. Later I cannot even realise that I’m wearing it as it is so comfortable. I like that it keeps my hair organised while I am swimming and it is easy to put the goggles on it. The stripes of the goggles stay stable on my swimming cap. Next time probably I will buy a silver cap to fit my goggles. Lol

I really can’t recall for how long I do have this silicone cap but I am sure that it is more than 5 years old. It is extremely durable. The material is quite flexible and can be stretched when you put it on. When it is already on your head you can feel it compressive for a couple of minutes until you get used to it. Stays quite fix on my head I don’t really have to adjust it while I’m swimming.

Usually I take off my swimming cap under the shower only as my hair is quite disorganised by the time I take it off and I don’t want to entertain the others. I rinse my cap under the shower and at home I just hang it near my swimsuit. It is so easy to keep it clean.

Overall I am very satisfied and I highly recommend wearing them. I especially recommend them for the swimmers in my local swimming pool. lol

Thank you for reading! x

This review was read 1920 times and was rated at

• shoppingpenguin published 03/10/2010
    Fab review. The pic sure is sexy :D
  • plod591 published 26/08/2010
    LOL at the gym bunnies !!
  • mumsymary published 25/08/2010
    I wear one in the school pool